Building a Toybox

Hugor

Planning to build a toybox over the Thanksgiving break (ah the benefits of working in a school system). Just got in two sheets of battle foam for the box. Ordered one Troop Foam Tray for the P.A.C.K. C4/Malifaux Bag and one C4 1.5 inch pluck foam.

The troop tray is only 4 spaces shy of fitting every puppet supplied in the base set, 3 pawns, and expansion boxes. And, the size of the foam (12/5W X 10.5L) is the closest thing Battle Foam has to a square, as far as I could tell. So, hopefully this will all work out and turn into a square box (slightly larger than the board) that will have a surface to play on and a storage compartment for all the pieces / fate decks / tokens. Will post updates as things progress.

Thanks AntiZombie,

Your toybox was part of the inspiration for mine. Lost two rows from my Warmachine bag (One for the puppet war minis and to leave space for the box, board, stat cards, etc...) and decided it was time to come up with something better.

Was planning on making mine out of wood. Use rare earth magnets to keep a top in place, or possibly use a hinge to make it more like a toybox. Have yet to decide if I want to set the board into the top or just make slots so it can be placed on top.

We will see how the spirit / my wood working abilities move me.

• 1 month later...

Been awhile, but finally got the box built and started painting some designs. It is pretty much a wooden box that holds two sheets of battlefoam with some space left over for the stat cards, a dry erase marker, and the counters. Did some painting of the top today, thinking about making a board on the opposite side of the top, and am still debating how to finish the sides. Hoping to get everything done over the winter break...

picture.php?albumid=308&pictureid=1307

Side View (2nd Layer of Foam)

picture.php?albumid=308&pictureid=1304

View From Above (Top Layer of Foam)

picture.php?albumid=308&pictureid=1305

Close Up of Top

picture.php?albumid=308&pictureid=1303

Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...