Puppet Bases

Da Big Baws

Since you mention Puppet Wars bases, I couldn’t resist chiming in.

I’ll preface this by saying that I double-checked the Forum Rules before replying and I don’t think I’m stepping on any toes; but if I am Nathan can nix my note – naturally – with no hard feelings on my part.

I really like the Puppet Wars minis and wanted bases worthy of such adorably creepy models. I didn’t want to scratch build every base though, so I made a set of eight and resin-cast them.

Below is a set of my Planky Bases, just the bare resin. My Grateful Teddy is based on one, as is DaveyP’s Hooded Rider and Tauwolf’s Seamus.

23mm-puppet-planky-base-castings_sm.jpg

The sides are straight rather than beveled (PW) or rounded (Malifaux), but they’re the same size as the standard Puppet Wars bases so they fit right into the recessed part of a 30mm Malifaux base if that’s your thing.

(that’s exactly the thing I’ll do if/when I get Zoraida painted)

edit: I just realized its not clear from that photo that the irregular planks that stick out from the standard circle shape are only on the top half of the base. The bottom half is a plain circle so they all fit into a 30mm base...

It’s my intention to offer these bases for sale on my site, but I haven’t gotten around to sorting out the webcart. Hopefully that changes next week, but if anyone’s interested or wants more info, please PM me.

I can vouch for the quality of these bases from FullBorer Minis. I got a few to mess with, and after painting up the first one I went ahead and bought enough to base my entire Puppet Wars collection. They are sweet.

Since you mention Puppet Wars bases, I couldn’t resist chiming in.

I’ll preface this by saying that I double-checked the Forum Rules before replying and I don’t think I’m stepping on any toes; but if I am Nathan can nix my note – naturally – with no hard feelings on my part.

I really like the Puppet Wars minis and wanted bases worthy of such adorably creepy models. I didn’t want to scratch build every base though, so I made a set of eight and resin-cast them.

Below is a set of my Planky Bases, just the bare resin. My Grateful Teddy is based on one, as is DaveyP’s Hooded Rider and Tauwolf’s Seamus.

23mm-puppet-planky-base-castings_sm.jpg

The sides are straight rather than beveled (PW) or rounded (Malifaux), but they’re the same size as the standard Puppet Wars bases so they fit right into the recessed part of a 30mm Malifaux base if that’s your thing.

(that’s exactly the thing I’ll do if/when I get Zoraida painted)

edit: I just realized its not clear from that photo that the irregular planks that stick out from the standard circle shape are only on the top half of the base. The bottom half is a plain circle so they all fit into a 30mm base...

It’s my intention to offer these bases for sale on my site, but I haven’t gotten around to sorting out the webcart. Hopefully that changes next week, but if anyone’s interested or wants more info, please PM me.