falling vs hard to kill

Mr_Smigs

Question

5 answers to this question

When you have a damage flip, it is totalled and wounds applied before the next damage flip is started. In the case of falling it is a Dg2/4/6 per 3" fall. So if you fell 3000" that would be a thousand flips. So lets say a 9 wound model fell 12". He would have 4 flips to make.

1st flip 8:tomes - he takes 4Dg, and drops to 5Wds

2nd flip 13:crows - he takes 6Dg which would drop him to 0Wds so Hard to Kill kicks in and he drops to 1Wd.

3rd flip 3:masks - he takes 2Dg, as he is already on 1Wd Hard to Kill does nothing and he dies.

Edited by Ratty

When you have a damage flip, it is totalled and wounds applied before the next damage flip is started. In the case of falling it is a Dg2/4/6 per 3" fall. So if you fell 3000" that would be a thousand flips. So lets say a 9 wound model fell 12". He would have 4 flips to make.

1st flip 8:tomes - he takes 4Dg, and drops to 5Wds

2nd flip 13:crows - he takes 6Dg which would drop him to 0Wds so Hard to Kill kicks in and he drops to 1Wd.

3rd flip 3:masks - he takes 2Dg, as he is already on 1Wd Hard to Kill does nothing and he dies.

now, I was told that Ryle's Gatling Gun and fully automatic was totaled into the damage as a single hit, even though it was multiple flips.

this seems to go against that.

which is it?

1. 1 flip, 1 damage result

2. 1 attack, possibly multiple flips, 1 damage result.

?

now, I was told that Ryle's Gatling Gun and fully automatic was totaled into the damage as a single hit, even though it was multiple flips.

Ryle's rules clearly state that the extra flip is applied "after dealing damage", and so does not become one total with the weapon's initial damage.

Who told you that and link to the thread. The only reference I could find was this thread

TO at the last tournament I played in. Santiago was hit by hoffman's little buddy. we were unsure how it resolved, TO looked for options online and made the call.

so, each flip is a separate damage then... ok that makes a little more sense.

thanks.