Weigh Sins and Spirit Food

AlpBomb

That's what i thought too 0.0. That's pretty strong then

There used to the Rule of Equivilence when Rising Power came out that said you only ever got 1 summon off a models death, this got removed in the Rules Manual. As you needed to be a Rocket Scientist to understand it.

There used to the Rule of Equivilence when Rising Power came out that said you only ever got 1 summon off a models death, this got removed in the Rules Manual. As you needed to be a Rocket Scientist to understand it.

It was replaced by most abilities spelling it out, be interested to see if these abilities get a v2 that say no other models may be summoned.

That's a pretty good combo... I'm going to have to remember it.

But I've always had a problem getting Weigh Sins to work properly. I cast it and don't kill my target. Or, when a juicy target is near death and it's a perfect opportunity, I can't seem to get my Datsu-Ba in range (it's only a 6 inch range).

Long story short, I think I've only ever summoned 1 Gaki from that spell in all the games I've played, despite several attempts.

You can get some milage out of it turn 1 by bringing some cheap undead/living minions (Canine Remains, Desperate Merc, even worth it with 3pt models like Necropunks and Guild Autopsies--just remember Rare 1). Move the target models either 6" or 11" up (depending on your control hand). Have Kirai Spirit Food one of them, and have Datsu-Ba kill them.

You get a Seishin + 3 Gaki out of it, without sacrificing pacing. The issue becomes Kirai's health, though, since that's an action not spent casting Sooth Spirit on herself.

Edit: Bah. Spirit Food says enemy model. I never noticed that. :/

Edited by SoulG

You can get some milage out of it turn 1 by bringing some cheap undead/living minions (Canine Remains, Desperate Merc, even worth it with 3pt models like Necropunks and Guild Autopsies--just remember Rare 1). Move the target models either 6" or 11" up (depending on your control hand). Have Kirai Spirit Food one of them, and have Datsu-Ba kill them.

You get a Seishin + 3 Gaki out of it, without sacrificing pacing. The issue becomes Kirai's health, though, since that's an action not spent casting Sooth Spirit on herself.

Edit: Bah. Spirit Food says enemy model. I never noticed that. :/

Yeah I was about to say, it's the fact that Spirit Food says you need to target an enemy model that really makes comboing it with Datsu-ba fairly unfeasable. Most of the time your better off using Spirit Food on a model before you drop something big like Ikiryo or a Shikome on it and then just have Datsu-ba acting normally hitting people for damage and hoping to get off a Weigh Sins.

Edited by Ratty