Starting Ramos

Stonedog-7

So my Ramos stuff has now all come through and i should be getting my first game in on the weekend

The rough list i'm going to try (depending on scenario) is:

Ramos - 4 Stones

Mobile Toolkit

Rusty Alyce

Large Steampunk Arachnid

Soulstone Miner

3 Steampunk Arachnids

By including Alyce & the toolkit have i gone overkill on the support & card management and left myself enough resources for a well-rounded list?

I could rep in a gunsmith instead of Alyce and run at a full cache of 8 but everything i've read makes it seem like Ramos doesn't need to run particularly stone-heavy and Alyce's 2 extra cards seem like they'd be incredibly useful for the old man

Any extra advice?

Personaly i dont find alyce to be all that useful anymore.

I would get a second gunsmith or another large spider.

May also want to look at some fire gamin. One more stone each then small spiders but they have a range attack and will damage on death even with out ramos blowing them up. They have become a main part of my ramos lists

The intention in the long run will be to get a second Large Arachnid and a pair of gunsmiths certainly... Fire gamin (keeping in mind i've not got books 3 so mostly on the minis and other peoples explanations) i haven't been completely sold on, partially as for 1 more point than a Gamin i get a LSPA... though as the Kaeris box has the gunsmiths in it and i'll already have the other special forces i may indulge and get it and try them out with Ramos

My only worry with your suggestion would be running Ramos with only 2-3 stones, maybe that's just me being used to more stone-hungry/dependant masters but is that really enough?

Also, is 3 enough for starting small spiders?

Personaly i dont run with any small spiders. I would take them in a pack of 3 or 4. Three to make a swarm 4 if you think one will get shot up or to play with the trick of breaking down and using a 4th spider to form a new swarm. The gamin were more of might want to look in to these then add to your current list. I often run him ss heavy but most of them get used up by karis. I dont think ramos needs more than 4.