Gunfighter and Self Loathing

Fading Memory

Question

A situation came up where Self Loathing was casted on a Gunsmith. Gunsmiths have no melee (not counting bash 0/1/2 :disappoin), but have Gunfighter :gunman:. We played it as Gunfighter wouldn't allow Self Loathing to treat the ranged attack as a melee strike, as Gunfighter allows the owning model to treat his ranged attack as a melee should he choose to, and that he can choose not to if he wants and therefore not a constant melee attack that can be exploited by Self Loathing. (Did you catch all that?:confused:)

I am 99.9999% sure this was played correctly and just want to confirm it.

5 answers to this question

Gunfighter says if the model is engaged, the gun becomes melee. Using that definition, it'd use bash if not engaged, but if engaged with another model, or the casting model even (i don't believe self loathing is a ranged spell) the gun will have gained the melee characteristic and thus could be used.

Just my thoughts...

Even if in melee range, a person with Gunfighter can choose not to treat the weapon as a melee attack, so even then Self Loathing wouldn't be able to use it.