Adepticon Registartion opens today at 5:00 PM CST

nilus

Yeah I'm sure you will be able to find a pick up game, but I like tournements. I would love to play in the finals the only problem I have is that I will be playing Warhammer on Fri and Sat (so I will be unable to qualify). I have been working on my Warhammer army for almost 6 months now and plan on doing fairly well at Champs. Unfortunately I will probably just play in the Stupor Bowl or Warhammer Team Champs then :(

Please don't see this as a complaint or anything. Just perturbed because of my own scheduling conflicts. Thanks for all your effort Nilus :) Glad to see Malifaux at Adepticon.

Edited by Trag Sifarin

Yeah I'm sure you will be able to find a pick up game, but I like tournements. I would love to play in the finals the only problem I have is that I will be playing Warhammer on Fri and Sat (so I will be unable to qualify). I have been working on my Warhammer army for almost 6 months now and plan on doing fairly well at Champs. Unfortunately I will probably just play in the Stupor Bowl or Warhammer Team Champs then :(

Please don't see this as a complaint or anything. Just perturbed because of my own scheduling conflicts. Thanks for all your effort Nilus :) Glad to see Malifaux at Adepticon.

Just wondering (not picking or pushing), are you playing the "Big Brawl" on Friday or the smaller "How you Use it"? The morning 1000 point WHFB tournament ends before the qualifiers begin. It makes for a long day, but something to consider.

Just wondering (not picking or pushing), are you playing the "Big Brawl" on Friday or the smaller "How you Use it"? The morning 1000 point WHFB tournament ends before the qualifiers begin. It makes for a long day, but something to consider.

Yeah I'm playing in the Big Brawl. Even if I wasn't though the fact that the quailfier goes till 2am and Warhammer Champs starts at 8am and is a 14 hour tournament would put me unable also. You win again time, damn you!

Signed up my son and I again for this year.

We have not figured out what Malifaux events yet though. The cake on Thursday night this year is rough and the Story encounter ending at 2am is rough for an eleven year old. (especially if he has to get up the next morning for something and NOT wear his crabby-pants)

There are a number of painting and basing classes we want too, so just trying to navigate all that. If nothing else, we hope to get a lot of side games in.

Our number of games played prior to this one will almost certainly be double digits, so look out!

Again we wrestled with the schedule on some of these. We moved the Cake to Thursday night because Adepticon wanted to expand the gaming to start then and wanted a free night of gaming. We thought Cake would work well then.

As for the other events, there was some debate on when to put the story encounter, as we wanted it to be a beginner friendly event. Based on our experience last year we wanted to shift it later in the con because we figured people we might demo the game for might be interested in playing in it(we plan to have some default beginner 25 stone crews ready for people to borrow for the events specifically for that purpose). I honestly am not sure this one will go till 2 AM, I think I allowed a lot of extra time that we might not end up using.

You guys should do the Team tourney. Be cool to see a Father and Son team kicking butt.

Its no sweat, Dan. I hope my other post did not sound like a complaint. I'll bet you had all sorts of things to juggle, so please don't worry about "nap time" for my kid.

I think we have it worked out and will be in the Cake, Story encounters and Qualifier #2. Either of us staying up late on the Saturday is likely to not be an issue because the likelihood of us being in the Sunday tourney is uh... :-fate :-fate :-fate

The team event would be fun, but Friday just worked out to have such a large majority of the classes that we want that it just made more sense to fill that day with them since they are actually still available today.

Now that I have a better understanding of what Adepticon is like(beer?), I am actually happy that Thursday night has entered the picture. (Not telling wife that bit)

So now, I get to plan for us to be there an extra day(sorry honey, those jerk tourney organizers did it, NOT me!) and can better rationalize stocking a large quantity of Guinness in my room and chilling out for 4 days. (Pony Keg in a battlefoam bag? I envision a Rodney Dangerfield - Caddyshack sort of contraption)

Was beer allowed during the actual tourney? I cannot remember.

But I digress... Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Now to figure out who my teammate will be for the team tournament. Friday will be a crazy day for me. Team tourney in the morning, 1 hour break, then judging the Qualifier round 1. Hrm... I need minions.

You are telling me. I am taking off Wednsday and planning on sleeping all day because I intend to be awake pretty much the rest of the week.

Should be a good time.

I should also mention if anyone wants to take me down a peg I will be playing in the first Qualifier(Nix and some of my other Henchman have volunteered to Judge the event so I could play)

Its no sweat, Dan. I hope my other post did not sound like a complaint. I'll bet you had all sorts of things to juggle, so please don't worry about "nap time" for my kid.

No worries man, Trust me I wrestled with the schedule and I am just the type of person who wants to please everyone.

As for Beer at the con. You can buy mixed drinks at the con so its allowed. Technically there is a no outside food or drink rule but the Malifaux event organizers and I would be willing to look the other way if a cold tasty beverage was offered to us :)

Also, less then 24 hours and we have sold 43 tickets!!!!

Badge = Ordered, thanks for the heads up Dan. Is this the kind of con that needs volunteer help?

Yes :)

depending on what you want to volunteer with I can direct you to the main con for organziation kinda stuff.

For Malifaux specific volunteers I am looking for Puppet Wars and Malifaux demoers. We are going to have a space to demo in all weekend and I want to try to keep a body or two there pretty much any time I can.

Edit: Also always looking for people to help with terrain building.

Edited by nilus

Yes :)

depending on what you want to volunteer with I can direct you to the main con for organziation kinda stuff.

For Malifaux specific volunteers I am looking for Puppet Wars and Malifaux demoers. We are going to have a space to demo in all weekend and I want to try to keep a body or two there pretty much any time I can.

Edit: Also always looking for people to help with terrain building.

Cool, we'll talk the next time I make it out to a Malifaux Monday (should be soon, I swear!)

No worries man, Trust me I wrestled with the schedule and I am just the type of person who wants to please everyone.

As for Beer at the con. You can buy mixed drinks at the con so its allowed. Technically there is a no outside food or drink rule but the Malifaux event organizers and I would be willing to look the other way if a cold tasty beverage was offered to us :)

Also, less then 24 hours and we have sold 43 tickets!!!!

Consider it offered. In advance, I mean. It's not even brewed yet. But I *hope* it'll be tasty and delicious.

~ Powersox

P.S. Additional bottles may or may not be available at Nilus' discretion.

I've heard rumors of a weekend-long, league-style event. Nilus, are there any truth to these rumors? Is it in the planning stage?

Its in the planning stages. We want to be ambitious with it so we are not ready to announce details. But there will be some sort of open play league throughout the weekend.

Before I go and sink $45 USD on Malifaux tickets I have 2 questions

a) If you win in one qualifier do you have to compete in another? Would you be able to get a refund?

B) Can you change your faction to a different one after you've purchased your tickets?

I can help a little with this

a) The top four players from each of the two qualifiers play on Sunday. So you only need to be in the top 4 for one of them to get into Sundays Masters.

If you sign up for both and win the first I do not know if you can get a refund for the 2nd, that is a question for the info@adepticon.org.

B) Nothing is set in stone, The questions when you register(such as faction) are optional and only to give us an idea of trends. You can change your selection at any time up until the tournament begins. You do need to use the same faction in the finals that you used to place in the Qualifier.