At what point does the encounter end?

GreenMonkey

Question

Hi Guys,

We had this issue a few times in a Tournament over the weekend. I did search and I don't think this question has been asked yet... I can't seem to find anything specific in the rulebook either other than that which I've quoted below.

Say if you had the Treasure Hunt strategy (or a similar one) and you have killed all your opponents crew by turn 4 and you're yet to interact with the treasure counter to pick it up. Would the game end immediately because your enemy has been completely killed or would you have an extra 2+X turns without the enemy on the board to interact with the treasure counter and take it to your deployment zone?

Based on pg 73 of the rules manual you'd say the encounter goes for 6+x turns and at the end of the encounter (i.e. at the end of 6 turns) you'd add up VPs. This is essentially the call the TO made however we had some players arguing the game ended once your crew had completely died...

Cheers,

GM

Edited by GreenMonkey
adding a few extra things...

3 answers to this question