Sonnia or Lady J

lewisc

Hi,

I am a Marcus caster but I have been looking at getting a second crew, and Sonnia and Lady J are the two that I am most inclined towards(staying in faction has little benefit for me since I have 3 models that I can use with other arcanists, and none of my future purchases are going to be useful.)

So my question is, which is easier to play? Marcus isn't particularly challenging, but he's definitely not a grab a few models and toss them on the table.

My current inclination is towards the Lady Justice for Aesthetics reasons(although the new Sonnia Model....) and I would be playing primarily death marshals with possibly either a few mercs or a couple of guild guards/lawyers/dogs but mainly Lady J's "faction". Is this a fine plan or should I know something?

For ease both are pretty simple out of the box. Both can use death marshals well.

Lady J is my first master and favorite. She is also probably the harder of the two to get good with because she is a bit more fragile though she hits the hardest out of all the masters most consistently, she rarely hits for weak and so she averages 5-6 damage per hit. She does better taking big risks.

Sonia is great range casters that can lay a world of pain to a great many. She works more a denial game.

For ease Sonia, for pure awesomeness Lady J.

I'd say go with Justice though like bigglesworth I'm biased as she was my first and most used master.

Again is agree she is nest at taking the big risks especially combined with the Lucius reinforcements slingshot, with a decent hand she can tear through just about anything.

Death Marshals are a solid dependable troop, especially when boosted with inspiring swordplay and finish the job.

All right, I was thinking Lady anyways, so that's good to hear.

Risk/Reward is sort of what I am looking for, as that in my experience often means an easier(if more erratic and less consistent) playstyle in terms of moves(not to say she is simple, just a beginner doesn't have to think as hard to do fine.)

Last 30 games or so games with with her I have lost once but of those games I have won only a small handful has she survived. I love that about her. I have dropped her in middle of gremlins and dropped three. I rarely miss a minion even with a black joker. I love that I can cheat my ace of rams to get crit strike because generally there is no point cheat fate when she swings with cb 11-13.

I have cleaved Pandora in half with her, if you win wp duel on charge, you will hit cb 11 versus def 2. Plus one strike can be enough for 8 wd model. Dmg 6 plus two critical strike 8 points. Yeah dmg prevention would work but Austringer already tagged her for moderate because totem popped aura to ignore duel.

There is nothing like the death marshals and their master hitting you for weak and your opponent going "that is that models weak?!?!"

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth