Newbie got in the show

pcx64

Hi everyone.

I'm new to Malifaux and I like Colette and her showgirls.

I have this list in mind:

Colette

Cassandra

Performer and Manniquin 1

Mechanical Doves

2 Coryphee

I have these question that I hope you members can help me:

1.) How do you represent the Coryphee Duet? Do you buy extra Coryphee set or is the Duet model not yet released? Any idea for a newbie?

2.) I plan to add mercenary name Taelor, is she good for the showgirls team? I find Taelor better that Joss or am I wrong at this.

Your advices are pretty much appreciated.

Hey and welcome to the show!

1.) How do you represent the Coryphee Duet? Do you buy extra Coryphee set or is the Duet model not yet released? Any idea for a newbie?

A lot of us buy 1 set and magnetize the duet to their bases, allowing you to move from 40mm to 50mm. It's cheaper and less models to carry around that way.

2.) I plan to add mercenary name Taelor, is she good for the showgirls team? I find Taelor better that Joss or am I wrong at this.

Taelor is pretty solid across the board, but a bit on the slow side. Collette/Cassandra can help tow her around though using Disappearing Act though. Joss is fun, he's bursty in terms of damage and you can deliver him just as well. I think if you're looking for a tanky element to add to the crew- Taelor works fine, and if you want a little more burst damage Joss is a solid choice.

If you don't care for the price tag of either (they are a bit costly SS-wise IMO) you might look into Johan as a much cheaper option ( 5ss in a Collette Crew is always nice).

Thanks for that very informative reply Ebonstar.

Is Taelor worth the 9ss (experience wise)?

Johan is nice choice due to cheaper alternative with same relic hammer, but I dig the concept of all chic gangster. ;-P

How many mechanical dove can I fit in a game (3, 4, 5, etc...)?

Can you recomend (base on experience) any other chic that can be good for Colette team?

Thanks in advance.

Colette is the sort of master that really works well with a few models, but really only with those models. There are a few outside models that can sometimes work their way into her lists, and for fun just about anything goes, but if you are asking about a theoretical "maximized" efficacy in your list the models that work very well for her are pretty limited.

The Lists that I've seen pretty much universally run only Showgirls, IE Performers and Mannequins, Cassandra, the Coryphee, and Doves, and occasionally splash in Johan or Joss. If you are looking for another female to add into the mix you could see about trying to get your hands on a Miss Demeanor, she was a special limited edition sculpt of the Convict gunslinger, who is pretty solid in all lists and would combo nicely with your performer's Siren Call spell, although your Coryphee and Cassandra will want the masks that your slinger will want as well.

As to your Dove question, Colette can only attach a maximum of three at any one time, so that is the maximum that can be brought into play at any one time.

I agree on the Misdemeanor. She is fun and adds ranged to the crew which is great all-around. Your point about needing the masks is a good one too, but for the most part Coryphee and to a lesser extent Cassandra are generating their own masks, so your main concern is getting masks for the Performer. That said- Miss Demeanor should still work fine and is a fun addition.

For 9 points on this crew, Taelor is "ok" but you may find once you get the hang of the crew that she gets left behind or may seem redundant for her cost. If you're just in it for the all female crew then she works, and for fun you might consider swapping her out occasionally for a ronin and a desperate merc just to beef model count for your female-only crew. I've thrown these models in for fun and as long as you don't expect them all to be as good as true Showgirls you may enjoy them.