Mortimer and Molly for Nicodem?

SoulG

I know a lot of buzz has gone around about the possibility of casting 2 or 3 Exhumes per turn thanks to Molly + Totem + Mortimer (having Molly copy, but not cast the spell in the first turn, then totem casts, then in the next turns Molly casts then copies exhume so it's always available to the totem).

I'm curious if anyone has playtested this yet and, if so, how effective they found it? I'm wondering if the corpse counter factory is worth its 17 soulstones.

I know a lot of buzz has gone around about the possibility of casting 2 or 3 Exhumes per turn thanks to Molly + Totem + Mortimer (having Molly copy, but not cast the spell in the first turn, then totem casts, then in the next turns Molly casts then copies exhume so it's always available to the totem).

I'm curious if anyone has playtested this yet and, if so, how effective they found it? I'm wondering if the corpse counter factory is worth its 17 soulstones.

i think mortimer itself is worth it,

molly is a superb model, so in addition to thet yess,

totem, depends on the totem :D necrotic machine, yess, can give mortimer undead, so he can benefit from bolster undead

We have a notorious Nicodem player in our local club. He's kinda obsessed with corpse counters so he tried the pair of above (+one grave spirit for Molly).

It's really a hit or miss, depending on cards. Do you really want to spend 17 points for two models that just sits at the back? I don't think so.

A cheaper way: get some dogs, desperate mercenaries and Rafkin, the Embalmer (he's a new model from Twisting Fates). Activate Rafkin's Preserve Bodies ability and kill the low cost models. Activate Nicodem, use Arise, let Rafkin stack some Body Parts. Summon something big, get cards, stack more Body Parts on Rafkin.

On next turn, Use Rafkin's Hasty Disposal and get a Mindless Zombie for every 2 Body Parts he has. Activate Nicodem and summon again...

It is not reliable tactic if it works awesome. Also Nico can still run a strong swarm and doesn't have to be dependant on being in the front to use bolster. I run Nico backfield and use bolster once the enemy has cross the line. Keep in mind mindless zombies can be converted later into flesh constructs, they still count as corpse counters.