Trying out a 40 SS Crew - Som'er

Cthulhurising

Alright, so first time trying just a general crew.

Som'er Teeth Jones

- Mosquito 2pts

Ophelia Lacroix 8pts

Piglets x2 6pts

Bayou Gremlins x4 8pts

Raphael Lacroix 6pts

Taxidermist 6pts

Malifaux Rat 2pts

SS Cache 2

I'm thinking maybe drop the taxidermist for the Slop Hauler. But right now, I have the model for the Taxidermist. So I figure with how gremlins die etc. I'd get corpse counters to use. But I do realize switching the two of them would be better, but it was a gift... what can you do.

Anywho. Its the same as most, larvae a gremlin, draw 2 cards. Larvae a rat, heal bugs. Use Git Yer Bro etc. What timing happens with that however, when a Mosquito Larvae's a Rat, does the Rats healing affect the newly born Mosquito too? I'm guessing not, but it might happen at the same time, same as using Som'er's "Come and Get It!" and choosing when to discard and when to draw.

I like Raphael over Rami in general, but I'm not entirely sold on him and Ophelia being in the crew. I'm almost thinking it might work better as a

Som'er Teeth Jones

Mosquito x2 4pts

Piglets x3 9pts

Bayou Gremlin x4 8pts

Taxidermist 6pts

Stuffed Pigs x2 6pts

Slop Hauler 4pts

SS Cache 3

Anywho. Let me know. I'm debating on between buying a pack of Bayou Gremlins and a Slop hauler vs Ophelia's box set.

You need Ophelia for the crew to work. Otherwise, they'll just end up shooting themselves. As for the rest of the list, it really depends if you want to go pig or gremlin heavy.

The latter is a stronger list, for sure. I would consider dropping the Taxidermist, Pigs and Raphael from the frist list and try to fit in a cmix of Rami and Slop Haulers.

Your math on the first crew list is a bit off, your SS cache should be a bit higher (should be 6).

Also I would say that the lists are all over the place without much real focus.

For list one, I would recommend dropping the Piglets altogether and either replacing them with Stuffed Piglets (for synergy with the Taxedermist) or more Bayou Gremlins (to run a real Gun line). In truth though I would drop the Taxedermist as well and just focus on a Gremlin Gunline since you wont have a lot of the Pig Specific support models. Aditionally you might want to add another Skeeter to benefit more from the Rat being sac by larva (and building a better base for the "Alpha Stank" option).

List two, is a much better balanced list option as it gives you a very strong base of Piglets, skeeters, and Bayou Gremlins (it is very similar to what I run typically). You will be able to transition between the Gunline, Pig Boomerang, and Alpha Stank very easily.

Also you dont really need Ophelia unless you are running a Gunline as she does nothing for the rest of Some'rs crew builds. There are plenty of good ways to get around the gremlins shooting each other.

Hows the math off? Unless I added wrong still and need more sleep, which is likely possible. ^^;;

The first list was more of an attempt at a generic all-comer's list with some of the models I have already. But I will for sure think about Ophelia with gunline crews. Raph I just generally like the model better then Rami. I almost picked up the ortega family specifically because of Santiago. :)

The second list is more of what I'd like to start with models wise, money willing. And in my head figured it was a simple enough list to expand out of and still keep it as a Som'er List. Not an Ophelia crew with a dude in the back. :)

Thanks for the input!

Hows the math off? Unless I added wrong still and need more sleep, which is likely possible. ^^;;

Opps, misread the Bayou Gremlins entry on that list.

The first list was more of an attempt at a generic all-comer's list with some of the models I have already. But I will for sure think about Ophelia with gunline crews. Raph I just generally like the model better then Rami. I almost picked up the ortega family specifically because of Santiago. :)
The inclusion of Ophelia really steers that list toward a Gunline vice alcomers balanced list. To justify her points you need to have lots of Bayou gremlins benefitiing from her buffs, she does nothing for Pigs or their handlers so their inclusion really just detracts from what the list is good at.

The second list is more of what I'd like to start with models wise, money willing. And in my head figured it was a simple enough list to expand out of and still keep it as a Som'er List. Not an Ophelia crew with a dude in the back. :)

Thanks for the input!

I would tend to agree that this list provides more options for highlighting Some'r then the list with Ophelia.