Imbue Vigor and Rush Model?

brdparker

I have Molly's box set on preorder, and I've been thinking of fun things I want to with her. I wonder if anyone's tried this on turn one, and what sort of results they've been looking at, what situations it might be good for, etc. Obviously, you can't do this with Molly as the master, but should work for any Res master really, since the master's not really involved in the combo, but a lot of the bits have inherent combos with Nico more than others, so I suppose he'd be the master of choice.

Components:

Heavy Undead Hitter (I will be using the Dead Rider in this example)

Molly

Canine Remains

Mortimer

Grave Spirit

Turn One Procedure:

Molly: Imbue Vigor to the DR the first turn. Walk forward. Do whatever else.

Canine Remains: Double Walk toward center of board.

Grave Spirit: Link to DR. Do whatever else.

Mortimer - Make all friendly undead (specifically DR) move Wk toward Canine Remains. DR should have +2 Wk for being in Molly's aura. Do whatever else.

Other activations: Try to out-activate your opponent as much as possible with such high cost models (other canine remains, for example)

Dead Rider: Activates last (hopefully the opponent's target has moved toward you this turn). Make it so he has (+1) Fast via his (0) action. He should be within the 4" radius of Molly's Wk boost to give it +2 to its first Wk. Walk across the board.

We're talking:

6+2+3 = 11" (Morti's Fresh Meat)

6+2+3 = 11" (DR's first walk)

6+3 = 9" (DR's second walk)

6+3 = 9" (DR's fast action walk)

Total - 40" across the board.

Since he's activating toward the end of the round, you've still got initiative to chomp face the next round, and even if you lose, don't be afraid to drop high cards to keep him alive through the first activation (and don't forget the GS's +2 armor). Then attack something a kill it and use the Grave Spirit to launch the occasional (1) spell at the opponent. Who knows? May hit occasionally. If you're willing to drop a soulstone, you could even get out a Reanimator spell off a mod-high :crows once DR drops a model or two... all over 3 feet from your deployment zone!

Any thoughts?

You can do similarly with Shikome, but it won't benefit from Morti or the +2 Wk (but an 8 Wk with Nimble's nothing to scoff at, AND she can potentially get a fast action against her prey that turn!). Also, no Grave Spirit combo unfortunately.

EDIT: nm, DR's not a horror, so he can't get the +2 Wk from Molly. Still a pretty far distance, I think.

Edited by brdparker

Connect a Necrotic Machine to Molly and then have the Necrotic Machine give the Shikome Undead.

I would say it's cool; however, everything has to be in context.

What is the point? Yes you can move a great distance, but even then, what are you trying to accomplish? Stranding the Dead Rider on the other side of the table may cost you 10ss for possibly very little gain.

Edit: Run Molly with Kirai and have the Lost Love give the Dead Rider spirit. Then use Night Terrors to get up the board. Then swirl the Terrors and Rider with the boosted walk. That could do some more crazy stuff right there. Dead Rider + Spirit = Disgusting.

The purpose, I think would be to draw attention from your half of the board (if you have a distract strat or schemes that make you want your opponent away from your deployment zone).

I agree, it's situational, but I just like the idea of turn one, getting something you didn't expect to be in your face... in your face. It just sounds fun! And against growth armies (Nephilim growth, counter-based filth lists) you may be able to hit them before they start forming.

The purpose, I think would be to draw attention from your half of the board (if you have a distract strat or schemes that make you want your opponent away from your deployment zone).

I agree, it's situational, but I just like the idea of turn one, getting something you didn't expect to be in your face... in your face. It just sounds fun! And against growth armies (Nephilim growth, counter-based filth lists) you may be able to hit them before they start forming.

A good Grow Army can have at least one if not both Mature out on Turn 1. The Deadrider should be able to tank a round or two but I feel like by the end of the turn he will be as good as dead. Which will leave you down your most expensive model and them with 4 turns to recover. If you can pull off an assassinate or something I could see it being worth it, but otherwise I am not seeing it. I guess you might be able to get someone to burn a stone on the initiative flip if you get lucky.

In the case of Dead Rider, one reason for sending him to your opponent's half of the board is so he can come BACK via Mounted combat--dragging one of your opponent's models along for the ride.

Although at that point you're better off using Hamlin and casting Obey...