Actual Filth List Discussion

rsteelrose

So, some of you might have read or started reading the thread by nilus about the filth list. Unfortunately that thread has transformed into a list dedicated to arguing.

Anyway, I would like to continue the discussion of how does GUILD(please keep discussion about other factions in their appropriate sections) deal with it.

Now many of you may be unfamiliar with how this list works, if you are unfamiliar, I would suggest you take the time to listen to the Gamer's Lounge where Bill discusses how this list works.

Nilus effectively outlined in the other thread his insights on what guild needs to do to neutralize the list, but I feel like no one has really has really commented with some in-game experiences.

Edited by rsteelrose

With that said, I would like to start and would please ask that all who comment to please keep their posts on topic.

I have had the chance to play against the filth list once, my friend blinded me with it, and even though I was doomed to failure, I gave it a heck of a fight. My 40ss list was as follows:

Lady Justice

Lucias

Executioner

Austringer

Lawyer x 2

Guild Hound

5ss

We ended up going 5 rounds before he tabled me but I saw some interesting things that I could do to improve my list.

I asked for the chance to face the list again and we sat down a week later, unfortunately, he didn't have all of the correct models field a filth list, so he tried something different. This time he took:

Lilith

Nekima

Lelitu

Terror Tot x 3

Desperate mercenary

Black Blood Shaman

7ss

And I tweeked my list to this:

Lady Justice

Lucias

Death Marshal

Ryle

Austringer

Guild Hound

Lawyer

7ss

The Austringer and Ryle were his first priority and died fairly quick, Ryle first to a summoned Lelu without accomplishing too much, and the Austringer next after doing good damage to Lelu an Nekima.

I found that the MVP model in this game, and the one that gave me the victory was the Lawyer, my opponent was able to summon 2 Lelu's and a mature nephalim. The Lawyer effectively caused both Lelu and Lelitu to die by making them unfriendly with persecute.

In the end it came down to Lady Justice and Lucias against Lilith and Nekima. Lucias stayed alive long enough to allow LJ to kill Nekima and and then se was able to take down lilith.

It was a great game and I hope to be able to try this list out more.

Any thoughts?

I found that the MVP model in this game, and the one that gave me the victory was the Lawyer, my opponent was able to summon 2 Lelu's and a mature nephalim. The Lawyer effectively caused both Lelu and Lelitu to die by making them unfriendly with persecute.

Brilliant application. Also maybe taking models like Loco and Stalkers to discourage the lure kill, as well as just taking more low cost models to spam the filth, having a new target breaks the chain, so break up your points more

Are you assuming in advance you know you are playing the FILTH list? If so your only option really is to Kill Nekima as rapidly as possible.

Papa *might* slightly worry a FILTH list, unless Pandora was able to get in there and pull her Pandora Shenanigans on him before he could get in range of the Trio. Witchling stalkers might be good, but only for their Anti-magic abilities. If I was playing the FILTH list I could really not give a thought about their explosive Deaths because the Dmg was light and given the way Lilitu heals it would be at best a mosquito bite in the engine's runaway power.

Your best bet are high WP models (so you have a easier time of getting past Irresistible and occasionally winning the odd WP duel) who are either extremely fast and maneuverable, or have excessively long range attacks. Nino would be good, Perdita, Austringers, maybe Lucius.

Remember though that knocking out Nekima doesn't at all shutdown the list. Pandora lists with multiple Lilitu and a Lelu or two are still excessively deadly even without the never ending Lure.

So your only option is to Hide from the Lures until you can manage to Kill enough Key Models to bring your crew into the open (Pandora & Nekima or both Lilitus). Other than that you can maybe hope to play for the draw.

I believe my original advice was also pre-book 3.

The Exorcist brings something to the table that helps, with his ability to basically do a shorter range head shot against nightmares. And his Aura that shuts down triggers can be useful as well.

Honestly in my area we have not had a lot of people playing the list. We don't generally play 40 Stone games and at lower stone games its a big investment to run.

The lower cost version of the FILTH list is 2 Lilitu, 2 Lelu, 1 Insidious Madness, Primordial Magic, and Pandora.

You're right about the exorcist. I had forgotten about him, perhaps its self defense out of a model that just shuts down Ressers, I try to forget he exists.

If it turns out the Exorcist is solid for general play he would be a good addition to help combat the FILTH.

Why have you not considered (or at least not done it) taken the governors proxy for the +2 wp? might go along way plus he can make people lose suits I believe.

I just haven't been able to pick one up yet. The local gaming store doesn't sell Malifaux and the sites that I've come to rely on have been out of stock.

Are you assuming in advance you know you are playing the FILTH list? If so your only option really is to Kill Nekima as rapidly as possible.

Papa *might* slightly worry a FILTH list, unless Pandora was able to get in there and pull her Pandora Shenanigans on him before he could get in range of the Trio. Witchling stalkers might be good, but only for their Anti-magic abilities. If I was playing the FILTH list I could really not give a thought about their explosive Deaths because the Dmg was light and given the way Lilitu heals it would be at best a mosquito bite in the engine's runaway power.

Your best bet are high WP models (so you have a easier time of getting past Irresistible and occasionally winning the odd WP duel) who are either extremely fast and maneuverable, or have excessively long range attacks. Nino would be good, Perdita, Austringers, maybe Lucius.

Remember though that knocking out Nekima doesn't at all shutdown the list. Pandora lists with multiple Lilitu and a Lelu or two are still excessively deadly even without the never ending Lure.

So your only option is to Hide from the Lures until you can manage to Kill enough Key Models to bring your crew into the open (Pandora & Nekima or both Lilitus). Other than that you can maybe hope to play for the draw.

That's what was great about this list. I initially got blinded by the filth list, I was expecting gremlins, then a week later I was expecting filth and instead got a grow/filth list. And it worked great. Also, 1st turn,if you can neutralize Nekima and or the lelitus you are a million miles ahead.

The best part of this list is the ability of Lucias to toss a minion like the lawyer out and give him a shot at nulling one of the opponents good models.

I also like taking one hound to leave by Lucias so that if he needs to he can sacrifice it to gain another reactivate.

I believe my original advice was also pre-book 3.

The Exorcist brings something to the table that helps, with his ability to basically do a shorter range head shot against nightmares. And his Aura that shuts down triggers can be useful as well.

Honestly in my area we have not had a lot of people playing the list. We don't generally play 40 Stone games and at lower stone games its a big investment to run.

I've found it very educational to try to find what to take against this list. It's really got me thinking outside the box with what I have and I encourage others to try it also.

I hope you haven't taken any offense to what i said. I was just hoping to get some more discussion on this list because the other thread had been taken over by arguments.

I should get my book 3 tomorrow. I'm excited to see what it has to offer.

Samael hopkins and Nino. Samael Snares Nino to ensure he can't be moved off that 50mm marker. Nino Blasts holes in the Lilitu/Nekima. austringers behind cover do the same. Move a stalker or two up to start interfering with casting flips.The reason to use Nino,in addition to his nasty gun,is the fact that its range is about as far as their lure.

Also consider using Von Schill for the "Jump out,shoot,nimble back" to pop in and out of sight and hit them.

Basically you want to do hit and run tactics and deny them LoS.

Also,this is slightly off topic steelrose,but if you want a governors proxy I have one I would trade/sell cheap.

Edited by Dark Alleycat