3" Obscuring Auras & LoS

Calmdown

Question

13 answers to this question

But if the 3" bubble is measured from the base then the base has to be more than 3" away (albeit a very small amount further away...).

In which case she/they can't be targeted or indeed target out.

The rule for seeing through obscuring says you can see through 3" of obscuring cover. Rasputina has exactly 3" of obscurinig cover so you can see through it.

The rule for seeing through obscuring says you can see through 3" of obscuring cover. Rasputina has exactly 3" of obscurinig cover so you can see through it.

That makes sense, but isn't she actually behind the cover rather than in it (since the aura eminates from her base edge?) and thus benefiting from the "cant shoot through obscuring" rule?

That makes sense, but isn't she actually behind the cover rather than in it (since the aura eminates from her base edge?) and thus benefiting from the "cant shoot through obscuring" rule?

But she is in base contact with the cover (it originates from her base and therefore contacts her base) and is therefore within said cover. If she were 3" + 1 micron away, she would not be in the cover and therefore would not be a valid target as per the rule you've referenced.

While I obviously accept what the Rules Marshalls say I would just like to put this forward.

Models do not benefit from auras unless it specifically says so in the description. So Rasputina can't be in the area covered by White Out.

So to my thinking she must be more than 3" away (as she is not affected by it) and therefore not in LoS. This would seem to be backed up by the ruling that if a model's base is just in contact it is affected by whatever the effect was, like Landslide. Not affected by White Out can't be touching her base ergo must be more than 3" away.

Just a thought,

Ferb

I was waiting for that one. ;)

Here's where there may be a ruling needed for White Out. Other similar effects include the originating model, but White Out currently does not.

I'd rather not see you all start arguing the semantics of whether the obscuring affects Rasputina or the model targeting her for purposes of LoS. Because I predict that's what would happen next whichever way I ruled it.

So, for now, put a pin in it and we'll put our heads together. It may be a day or two as Sketch is away on business.

Keltheos, you might wanna check the V2 cards. It was fixed to include that proviso:

(1) White Out

(CC: 10:tomes:masks/Rst: - /Rg: :aura3) The :aurais Ht 5 and obscuring

and ends at the Start Closing Phase. This model is also affected by the :aura.

if you really want though, you can fix Ramos' Arcing screen to allow it to affect him too? :D

Nice. I had Sonnia open when I typed that, lol.

100% correct. So to summarize the above, Rasputina's in the center of the 'cloud', affecting her as well, so treat her as within 3" of the edge of it since exactly = within per the rules manual. (Does that means this was all covered on the stat card and in the rules already? gosh)

Re: arcing screen, you'd like that wouldn't you? :)