Dave's Malifaux Minis (Along With Other Minis)

dsmiles

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job on A&D, I didn't realize there were so many pieces to the set.
Thanks. :) Neither did I. I thought I would have to buy 2 to get a separate Ashen Core and Dust Storm.

And very good work on the Waif, nice color choice and a very creepy but not ugly look with the makeup. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, I was working for a Goth Girl look on her. I'm not sure where I'm going to go with the second one.

Well, I painted up my first Freikorpsmann, but I can't seem to get enough light on him to get a decent picture. I really want to get him up here for a critique on the color scheme before I move on to the rest of the Freikorps. He's very dark, and a white background isn't working out, but I'd think he would blend in too much with a dark background.

Any suggestions?

Two more:

Weathering Powders: I used Secret Weapon's 'Brown Rust' on the steel bits, and Vallejo's Chrome Oxide on the copper bits. Then I wet it to age it some.

Necrotic Machine: (I just couldn't get good lighting on this guy's head.)

DSC02300.jpg

DSC02299.jpg

DSC02298.jpg

Weathering Powders: I used Doc O'Brien's 'Rusty Red' on the knife, then wet it to age it. I used Doc O'Brien's 'Muddy Red' on the edge of her dress. Some of it I wet a little to give it a fresher, more muddy look.

Crooligan (Female): (I just realized that I forgot to paint the inside of her mouth.)

DSC02297.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

DSC02294.jpg