Nicodem + Datsue Ba

demkoenig

Hey,

So I was playing with Nico the other day and my opponent was like, "Hey, I bet you could do some nasty work with Datsue Ba and Nico."

This is the result.

Nico

Sebastian

Desperate Merc (x3)

Datsue Ba

Turn 1

DM - Defensive stance; move 3/4 inch

DM - Same thing

DM - Same thing

Sebastian - hit one DM for 3; hit another DM for 3; kill the 3rd DM (or if you got two body part counters, make a dog)

Datsue - Weigh of sins DM 1; Weigh of sins DM 2

Datsue makes 2 Gaki and the DM each leave 1 corpse counter.

If Sebastian killed the 3rd merc, then that's 3 corpse counters total, otherwise its just 2.

Nico activates, casts Arise! then Reanimates one of the Corpse counters.

Next turn, DM 3 (if alive) swings at the Canine Remains (if summoned) or at the MZ (from Arise!). MZ should have 1 wound left. Datsue Ba Weigh of Sins the MZ, makes a Gaki and another corpse counter.

I think you guys get the idea. I did just a quick search-fu and it looks legal. I figured I'd run it by the community and see what you guys thought.

When I ran it against Sonnia, it was pretty crazy. Gaki are INSANE and I used the Dead Rider to drag Nico into the center of the board, then when Nico cast Arise! the corpse counters were dragged from my deployment zone to within 2" of Nico. Then I summoned Punk Zombies 6" ahead of Nico and THRASHED Sam Hopkins.

Ah! Well poo, you can only hire two Mercs! Silly rules! :)

The other option is no DMs and hire a bunch of Canine Remains. Use a Crooked Man to blast the Canine Remains down to 1 wd and then Datsue to Weigh of Sins the dogs into Gaki. Rinse and repeat.

Basically, Datsue lets Nico gain an extra model (Gaki) and an MZ for the cost of one model.