Chompy/Dreamer "Immediate" activation and turn timing...

Mr_Smigs

Question

Ok: Scenario:

Player A activates model with FAST manages to move to, and kill The Dreamer on their 2nd action (1 action remaining)

Player B gets Chompy summoned into play, and according to the One Master rule, activates immediately (In the middle of the other model's activation)

Chompy KILLS the model with Fast.

Chompy's activation ends.

The Fast model's controller (Player A) isn't in the middle of an activation (their model was killed during Chompy's activation), but the Chompy controller (Player B) has just finished an activation.

How does turn order continue? why?

Chompy and Dreamer are two different models being placed, one for the other. The Coryphee are two models being combined into a single new model (the Duet), replacing the two individual models. Replacement results in all effects carrying over, including how many AP they've spent, (0) actions, wounds, etc.

wonder how it will work if they somehow get reactivate

I think ... and this is just my best guess ... that the model would get full AP back, including their (0) and their action mod.

So if I were to hit Dreamer with Reactivate, he would get his 2 AP and his two (0). Chompy would get nothing, unless he too were affected by Reactivate, in which case he would also get his full 2 AP, his Melee Expert and his (0).

I'm left to assume that the Shared Actions pool would no longer be part of the equation, but I could be wrong.

Someone with a top hat and/or a badge would have to confirm, either way.

Edited by Hatchethead

I think ... and this is just my best guess ... that the model would get their full AP back, including their (0) and their action mod.

So if I were to hit Dreamer with Reactivate, he would get his 2 AP and his two (0). Chompy would get nothing, unless he too were affected by Reactivate, in which case he would also get his full 2 AP, his Melee Expert and his (0).

I'm left to assume that the Shared Actions pool would no longer be part of the equation, but I could be wrong.

Someone with a top hat would have to confirm, either way.

Confirmed.

<-- Top Hat and Badge ;)

Increasing annoying query #3;

How long do effects last? For instance; Abuela ortegas "Shotgun Wedding" states that it lasts until the end of the encounter (til death do us part). Pretty obvious how long that lasts. Then there is , say Dreamers "rapid eye movement" (gain flurry). Doesn't say when it ends, so does that mean it doesn't? The same applies to his "I can fly!". Does it mean he gets away with using one (0) action to gain flight until he shuffles off his mortal coil? Cheeky scamp :)

Increasing annoying query #3;

How long do effects last? For instance; Abuela ortegas "Shotgun Wedding" states that it lasts until the end of the encounter (til death do us part). Pretty obvious how long that lasts. Then there is , say Dreamers "rapid eye movement" (gain flurry). Doesn't say when it ends, so does that mean it doesn't? The same applies to his "I can fly!". Does it mean he gets away with using one (0) action to gain flight until he shuffles off his mortal coil? Cheeky scamp :)

that's covered in the main book,

anything that doesn't give a specific end, ends in the closing phase. (this was a problem back when Companion had a (0) action that gave models Companion...)

thanks again, for taking the time to explain clearly with logic and terms from the book.

Chompy and Dreamer are two different models being placed, one for the other. The Coryphee are two models being combined into a single new model (the Duet), replacing the two individual models. Replacement results in all effects carrying over, including how many AP they've spent, (0) actions, wounds, etc.

Ah, are they? I don't have the cards, and in the book Nemo and Chompy replace just like the coryphee do. That would cause other problems, though (like making wounds carry over) so placing makes more sense.