Puppet Wars theory

edonil

So, just curious about what people are thinking when writing their lists? I've been looking over things with a thought that bringing two different suit required puppet types might not be a bad way to go. For example, taking Seamus, who lets friendly puppets ignore crows, and bringing along a December Acolyte or a Death Marshal. That way, so long as the number is high enough, I can activate any crow, and I have other models that can take advantage of specific suits.

So, just curious about what people are thinking when writing their lists? I've been looking over things with a thought that bringing two different suit required puppet types might not be a bad way to go. For example, taking Seamus, who lets friendly puppets ignore crows, and bringing along a December Acolyte or a Death Marshal. That way, so long as the number is high enough, I can activate any crow, and I have other models that can take advantage of specific suits.

Yeah, it's good to bring along things which help to bolster up a specific weakness in your army, even if they are out of suit.

For example, bringing an acolyte with pokey viktoria for the card draw because she is so card hungry, or bringing a death marshal with seamus so you can attach the cork gun upgrade to an autopsy so it actually has a combat and can dump powerful -1 counters at a range. Things of that sort.

Edited by Justin

I've been toying with 2 of each suit in an 8 Puppet game, it's been ok so far. The mix of abilities is really nice, but there are some turns I just can't get a suite to save my puppety life >.>

Anybody played with the ratios yet of out of master suite Puppets to ones that are in their suite? I'm finding about 3 - 4 Puppets in suite works rather well.

I would say the ratio depends a bit but 4 in suit is a good start (so wishing I had a Lucius sidekick for my Marcus list oh and 2 more Guild hounds, and two Piglets, and 2 Bayou gremlins and 2 Hog Whisperers, and two mole men...you guys think you can convince Eric to put out a Omenbringer special Pawn set that has all that?)

I would say the ratio depends a bit but 4 in suit is a good start (so wishing I had a Lucius sidekick for my Marcus list oh and 2 more Guild hounds, and two Piglets, and 2 Bayou gremlins and 2 Hog Whisperers, and two mole men...you guys think you can convince Eric to put out a Omenbringer special Pawn set that has all that?)

.... is the Drill Sargent close enough? :)