A Sewer, a Swamp, and a Hanging Tree

twenty4seven

Hey everyone for the past month I've been working on some boards for the Malifaux League that will be starting tomorrow at The Realm Games and Comics in Brea, CA (Information can be found in the community section if anyone's interested :) ). Here's the fruits of the labors so far.

DSC01849.jpg

DSC01854.jpg

Note: All of the modular terrain for the swamp was already packed into my car by the time I decided it might be a good idea to snap some photos.

And the Hanging tree from Perry Miniatures

DSC01835.jpg

Thanks for the comments everyone!

The walls on the sewer are all made from pink insulation foam. To get the rocky look of the walls on the left side of the picture I ran a hot knife along the edge of some foam. This created lots of pretty nasty vapors and when it was all finished the foam became very hard and could shatter like glass. Probably wasn't a great idea but it achieved the look I wanted quickly and I didn't end up on 1,000 ways to die, so it's all good.

For the blocks on the bridge and the wall towards the top of the picture I followed the tutorial for making brick walls in the Warmachine mk II rulebook where you just push pretty hard into the foam with a pencil, essentially drawing them on. Then on the wall in the top I cut up some cereal boxes and put the metal stabilizers on.

Only the cave looking walls on the left of the table and the hill-looking piece in the top of the pic are glued down. Everything else can be moved around for variety.

• 2 months later...