Fighting Hamelin as Kirai

Loxam

So, there has been a lot of 'scare' about this certain master. What ways do we have to combat him when playing as Kirai (my current fav. master!)?

One rule of his seems ridiculously strong vs her: Voracious Rats - meaning I can't spawn Seishin/Gaki from stuff I kill?

I believe you will still get Seishin...they are placed, not summoned (unless I've played that wrong).

Gaki are pretty good against him...sacrificed rats don't generate more rats. But the best thing is that Hamelin relies mostly on making your crew insignificant. Kirai can just sac anything he makes insignificant and summon a new, significant one. The key thing to remember is go for the ratcatchers with your big hitters.

I played only once against him, but I did not had many problems. He is a strong master, obviously, but as others said, you get seishim like crazy everytime he kills his rats while within 8" of Kirai. So, just make sure you prevent him from swarming you, keep summoning your more resilient minions (I am looking at you Shikome), and use terrifying to your advantage, as terrifying will get the rats fleeing quite often.

Also, focus primarily on fulfilling your strategy and schemes. Secondarily, focus attacks on Rat Catchers and Nix, but remember you have to kill them in one activation or they will heal back. Also, do not underestimate Nix, as he is freaking dangerous. Never attack rats as it completely useless and be extremely careful with that lure (I think it is called pipe) that Hamelin has. I would play the game with at least 7 or 8 soulstones.

If you are playing a 35+ ss game, I would take Jack Daw and target the attacks on the other models, as Hamelin model is immune to card discards, but not the other models.

Finally, be very careful with when you cheat your own duels to avoid hamelin getting good cards back into his hand.

Well you can attack rats if they are not in the bubble of Voracious Rat.. you can kill or drag away (with Hanged and Jack Daw). The Rat Catchers are also much easier to kill than with most crews as a lot of your stuff ignores their armor. Just remember you have to kill them before they can activate stuff and kill rats, which will ofc heal them. It is possible for Kirai to out activate Hamelin so it might be possible to get a couple of activations in a row.