Another Myranda - Shikome question

dgraz

So it's already been determined that she doesn't have to select a Prey when she transforms but that she can use the (ALL) action to gain one. Now obviously if she has a Prey then she can use the (0) Hunting Partner action and the partner model gets the negs and benefits vs her Prey.

Can she use Hunting Partner if she hasn't selected a Prey target yet?

The wording of Hunting Partner seems that you can. It doesn't state that she has to have a Prey Target to use it, only that the selected Partner get the negs and benefits vs her Prey.....which would be nothing if she has no Prey.

What I'm thinking is to select a couple of Partners before selecting a Prey target, then later in the game when the Partners are in a good position, have Myranda/Shikome use the (All) action to select a Prey target......Hunting Partner kicks in at that point. If she never selects the Prey, Hunting Partner never kicks in.

Am I crazy or is this valid? Could this just be a loophole that wasn't thought of and is going against the spirit of the ability (since I'm not about using loopholes)?

Hunting Partner lasts til the end of the turn as it doesnt state otherwise.

I recently had the same discusion with our hencheman and he said that it stays untill the target dies. Because the ending is stated as "Target beast may not attack another model while this model's prey is in play"

Does anybody else thinks this is the way it works?