Big Momma Z's House

M_Ruckuss

I have owned a Zoroida model for a long time, and have decided it is finally time to give her the attention she is due! The question is how, a she is so different from the 2 other masters I play (both Neverborn). I want to create a "cast" of crew members to pick from, and was wondering which models would give me the widest spread of options strategy wise....

My intial musings were:

Definetly getting

Stitched- Awesome, having at least 2 painted up for her

Doppleganger- a useful model for Z by all looks

Collodi box- Love the background and see potential here

Wicked Dolls- To start, to be summoned or both?

Unsure

Sluirids- seems like they need to be used in at least groups of 3. They look tasty, and I love the models, but having used stitched they just don't seem to compare....

Bad Juju- Looks awesome, and effectively has 2 extra lives if I use Z's cache on him, but im not sure if he should be a staple.

Von Schill & Librarian- I have seen him work really well with her, and the librarian too, but dont think I would play both in small games, as they are too expensive!

Pere or Papa- any thoughts?

Remi, Raph- any thoughts?

Hooded Rider any thoughts?

Ryle any thoughts?

Nurse any thoughts?

Even if people could feedback on 1 or 2 experiences/suggestion that would be great! Thanks in advance!

Papa and Nurses together are dead stupid. Nurse-buff Papa to make him unkillable, explode, shrug off before the need to sacrifice.

I love Stitched Together, too. They are super-effective. Collodi provides some truly ridiculous objective claiming/movement shenanigans options.

***Spoiler Warning***New Doll options all over the place in Twisting Fates, and something to make Silurids more appealing***End Spoiler***

Silurids may not look like much but believe me they're worth their 5 points.

They're among the fastest minions you can get and used properly they're quite hard to kill.

Use them for objectives, not for attack, unless it's against small targets that you can hit and run (they do that pretty well). They can withstand shoot very well if you use them correctly, but they're still very light and will get slaughtered by most melee oriented minions, so be careful.

If you're playing an objective oriented game, like treasure hunt or destroy the evidence, pick them. If you're going for assassination, pick something heavier (Bad Juju is good but he tends to draw a LOT of firepower).

I've used both Silurid and Stitched in the same crew. they actually compare fairly favourably to each other. Silurid are so fast and can easily pick off isolated enemy. I do think it depends on the board. If it's fairly open the fog is probably going to be better than the Silurid's hit and run tactics. if the board has a lot of hiding places I think Silurid are actually better, as they jump from cover to cover, whereas the Stitched will just get bogged down climbing over walls, up hills, through water.