Insiginificant and Cheating Fate

Redd.Cohen

Question

I have a few questions to ask Malifaux Community about some things:

• What is the "insignificant" characteristic? What are the rules behind them?
  • What exactly are the rules on "buried" units? Can they move or cast?
  • Can you cheat fate in any duel? I.e. (Attacking melee and ranged, casting, morale duels etc.)

Thank you for your time! Again I've looked through the rules and can't seem to get a straight answer.

3 answers to this question

Hi!

. The Insignificant trait comes into play in the schemes and strategies: those models may or may not count towards victory points at the end depending on the strategy/scheme

. Buried models are "out of play": the effects that were on them just before they got buried do not disappear at the end closing phase as they would normally do, but instead stay on (because the model is not in play during the closing phase). As such when the model is unburried it still has those effects on. A buried model cannot participate in anything game wise, it's just out of play, out of the board (but is NOT out of game, which is different) (RM p13)

. You can cheat fate in any duel unless a special rule/effect stops you to (like Jack Daw's aura). You can also use soulstones if the model has the "use soulstone" ability (all masters and some other models). Remeber that a model which can use soulstone must first decide whether he cheats or not first, then decides whether he wants to use soulstone, in that order only. (RM p24)

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

T.