Cornelius, NC July 23rd

Ciaran

For those not able to go to Cary, NC this weekend for their (awesome looking) event we give you:

Parker Banner Kent and Wayne's Beat the Heat Malifaux Tournament

We will do a four round, 30ss, set Master, variable list event. It will be a set Strategy, unique Scheme, unofficial tournament. This will cost $5 per person, prizes will be determined by participation.

There will also be a painting contest, so, please bring models to show off!

21500 Catawba Ave

Cornelius, NC 28031

(707) 892-GAME (4263)

Start time will be 11am, registration and set up will start at 10:30. After the tournament people are welcome (and encouraged) to stay for open play, with clean up starting about 11:30 pm for a hard midnight close.

For those that have not been here before:

-The store is a mile off of the 77.

-We sell snacks here in the store.

-It shares a building with a Rite Aid Pharmacy, has three decent eateries (two Italian and one Chinese) within easy walking distance, a grocery store sandwiched between two of them, and a bunch more stuff within easy driving distance. One of the Italian places delivers here pretty regularly.

-There is table space for 26 games at the same time. I expect that will allow people to spread out, do some last minute painting, and a lot of socializing.

-There is a load of terrain and tables here. Still: if you have terrain that you would not mind others playing on, please bring it to share for the day!

http://pbkwcomics.com/

Edited by Ciaran

Well, it was a success!

For the last minute nature of the day (crazy rpg group convincing me to do it) it went really well.

I wanted to thank the players for coming out, having a good time, and impressing everyone else in the store with how there was no whining, yelling, throwing models, or anything else often found in competitive formats.

The Differential points as tie breaker was amazing! It worked really well, and was a bit illuminating.

First place was a Lilith crew.

Second was a McMourning crew, and third was a Seamus brothel.

It was kind of gross!

Our painting competition was taken by a Snow Storm, and received an unopened Misaki model.

That was about it! See you next time :D

It was a great time yay for forcing you to do your job as a Henchmen and run a tournament it was tons of fun that might have been because I was the Lilith player but everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

It also helped that I think more people came to get a bunch of games in and see where they are with their lists, and painting. I think that for the first tournament fixed master was great.