Team Marcus

Fulgrima

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd like to join the team and sport the banner, but it's a little big for my taste, got a smaller one?

btw, Rising Powers has the Raptors listed as 40mm. Is that confirmed?

Added and I will make some smaller banners later on :) I hope they are on a smaller base to be honest I tried some out on 40mm bases and just didn't seem right for the stat lines that the birds have.

After looking over twisting fates I really like marcus going forward (just as much since day one):

Arcane effigy: Significant, high ca, 0 cost rg damage spell, ability to give mark an extra cast, arcane res all for four and he doesn't go away with amark

Mauler: great value for his beatstickness, good damage, good mobility, low cost, great target for myranda transform, to alleviate rare 1 limit

Fire Gamin: This may help a marcus + kaeris list a lot, larger damage output from kaeris, more significant models that syngergize between both

Blessed of december: self healing, terrifying may help vs hamelin and other swarm matchups, kind of outclassed, kind of bleh,

Spawn mother: may be great in certain strategies, the spawning pool will be obnoxious, can't wait to put her down, myranda transformable so you may be able to catch ppl off guard by transforming turn 3 or something.

Mctavish: Has hunting rifle, and is cheaper than the trapper and not special forces, he is very versatile good for cost, can make for a fun marcus swamp list with silurids and spawn mother, has OBEY for beasts, omg very nice

sue: extremely versatile utility/ranged piece, will be great if opponent says neverborn,

Amarcus:

On fist glance from the internet he seemed poor, but after looking him over i have hope it will be worth the 2ss investment.

His cb buff has unlimited range and doesn't require any ap to bring up. I like alot

Chimeric Assault does good damage spreads, and allows you to damage the way you need to in each situation. Think bishop but much easier to use and no 10 point price tag, Also Chimeric Assault gets no triggers as onslaught is only Shillelagh. I like

0 cost choices:

Smell fear: Good with roar(on amark not cerberus) and a decent cast, terrifying and lawyer

Dominance: neg on all non master beasts opposed duels, Good(not great) with raptors and feral

feral: same old, new uses

Evolutionary Confluence: need 9tome and must discard soulstone to make chimeric 3/4/6 poision 2 push defender 2 inch away after damage, expensive but you get a lot of versatility, maybe once twice per game use

1 cost choices

Give in to it: 8 inch bubble of wp-12 duel to gain beast, can give friendly models beast which is nice for varied list building to allow mark of instinct, instinctive behavior, and mctavish obey to have lots of versatility

Roar: much better on higher cast and with smell fear for free charges plus more

Instinctive behavior: here is the obeyish spell, Needa ram, beast gets +2cg, -2df, melee duels get a + till end of turn, very useful, several applications, I like a lot,

2 cost

Diving attack: good stuff makes him scary with fast and instinctual and all the new spells

Overall I like him, I don't think he is straight forward like aHamelin or aLillith, will be playing him a good bit starting this week. I really like mctavish after reading his card, think he was overlooked as a marcus asset.

Hope this isn't too much info, please take down if it violates forum rules

hm... a thought about McTavish's beast obeying. Since there's the beast restriction, is it somehow easier to pull off than regular obey?

Or more powerful in some way? 'Cause that would be nice :). What is it generally? 14-mask? Maybe if he's gremlin-aligned, it won't have a suit requirement at all! How cool would that be?

hm... a thought about McTavish's beast obeying. Since there's the beast restriction, is it somehow easier to pull off than regular obey?

Or more powerful in some way? 'Cause that would be nice :). What is it generally? 14-mask? Maybe if he's gremlin-aligned, it won't have a suit requirement at all! How cool would that be?

Ca 4

need a 7mask to cast

target-able types are beast, pig, or vermin