you gots a purrty mouf (v2)

Shank Seamus!

Afternoon all,

So with a few hours to go til my game with Big Kid and actually reading Orphelia's rules ( plus abit of whining about the piggy position). Iv come up with the list I intend to use. Firstly: i think il be playing against seamus and his wonderful bells.. so any generic advice is appreciated as well as any critique for my list.

40ss.

Orphelia, no SS as she starts with 6..

1x young la croix, (2)

Francois la croix, (5)

Rami la croix, (6)

Raphael la croix, (6)

Pere ravage, (5)

1x Pigapult, (4)

1x Taxidermist (6)

3x Bayou gremlins (6)

The intention being to kill the normal gremlins and launch piggies to hopefully stop him bunching bells and being chain lured..

Whilst putting the pain on the rest of his crew with the family..

SS!

Depending on how much terrain you use, I would take out the Snipers gremlin and max out the Young Lacroix, and one more Bayou gremlin.

You already have a long range weapon with the Pigapault. the extra bodies will let you out action after you nuke the first 3 bayou gremlins. Also as the piggy's fly you lose the additional actions.

How very nice of you to post your crew for tonight (still stuck in the whfb mindset of pre-choosing your list eh??)!

Personnaly I would drop all of the Gremlins because as we all know, they're broken ;) and concede defeat! Then we can all have a lovely pint and mock the 40k players!!

Hmmm.....considers using his untried Hoffman crew.....

I did consider that.. however as il be model repping the youngster, pigs and bayou gremlins, I figured is try and keep it simple for tonight.. are the young'be worth it?

The young are awesome. they can cast Ophelia's "between the eyes" spell and pretty much guarantee a :+fate (or at least even flip) for damage. they have good DF, and enemy models are :-fate to target them at range.

Also, they are reckless so you can move them twice and then use between the eyes for a 20 or 22" threat range (I cant recall if they move 5 or 6)

Personnaly I would drop all of the Gremlins because as we all know, they're broken ;) and concede defeat! Then we can all have a lovely pint and mock the 40k players!!

Haha, Gremlins being broken makes me laugh and smile a bit on the inside. Back in the olden days of just Som'er Teeth they were anything but broken. Ophelia is pretty incredible though, I'm not gunna lie.

Take more Young LaCroix if you really want to annoy your buddy. Casting "Right Between the Eyes" gives you a very good chance of bypassing the Hard to Wound that most undead have.

I'm not his buddy, guy!;)

VICTORY FOR SEAMUS!!

Love this game and the fact that (obvious as it sounds) it rewards knowing your crew inside out. Nowt like Bette Noir to put a downer on the 'Kill your on Gremlins to make pigs' tactic....(love the Pigapult thingy though, especially when he successfully landed the Gremlin what blows himself up right in middle of Sybelle and her entourage).

Every time I look at the range of models I convince myself to buy more, but I think I'm going to stick with Seamus a while and suss out his tactics.

Who am I trying to kid...

Roll on payday!!

Really good game, I had deliver a message which had me laughing to myself all game, til I.got carried away with the pigapult and forgot to lauch Orphelia turn 4.. which unfortunately meant seamus won.

The suggestion of dropping Rami, in exchange for more bayou gremlins is a lesson learned, as Rami got lured out into the open.. and I did find myself being out activated.

SS!