Getting back into Kirai

Iamwyrd

So played with my kirai yesterday at 40ss to help my friend practice for the master of malifaux event at gencon, and I forgot how fun she was to play. Just wondering if anybody found any interesting plays or combos with her. Herwes what I ran yesterday:

Kirai 8ss cache

Librarian 9ss

x5 sheshin 10ss

x2 gaki 8ss

Onryo 5ss

Lost love 2ss

My main goal was to out activate my opponent and then just evolve them into better spirits. Also I was trying to not use the lost love unless I absolutley had to so he just sat behind a building the whole game.

So if anyone has any list ideas or any cool combos I would love to hear them. Yes this is my third help me list in 2 months but I just can't stop switching between masters. Owning all of them is nuts. ;)

I was wondering whether putting Molly into her crew at 40ss+ might be fun. At the very least it would mean being able to have two totems and the Grave Spirit's +2 armour is fun to put on spirits. Probably no good at Gencon without the Molly model though :(

I will have to find a copy of Rising Powers and read up on Molly and the Necrotic thingy.

Edited by Braindead

I kind of love the librarian in this crew. Do you use her to give Kirai a +flip on casting and a healing flip most of the time?

I like the dead rider in the crew for the next to impossible to kill and able to drag models around factors, but the librarian is pretty shiny.

Yep all I really do is that with librarian, especially when trying to eveolve spirits, and into the spirit world. Never thought of the dead rider, might be cool, but is a pretty heffty price in what I do with this crew, but I might switch it up and try him out.

I was wondering whether putting Molly into her crew at 40ss+ might be fun. At the very least it would mean being able to have two totems and the Grave Spirit's +2 armour is fun to put on spirits. Probably no good at Gencon without the Molly model though :(

I will have to find a copy of Rising Powers and read up on Molly and the Necrotic thingy.

I don't Think you can put the armor on spirits as its undead only I thought? Molly might be cool just but you could only bring one belle because kirai is still your master.

Yeah, unless a spirit is also undead, the Grave Spirit cannot be linked to a spirit. That trick is fun to use on a Hanged or Jack Daw. Speaking of them both, I've always thought a list with 2 Hanged and Jack Daw with Kirai would be brutal. Being able to move them around with ease could really mess up an opponent bad!!

Kirai - 6 Cache

Lost Love - 2ss

Jack Daw - 9ss

2 x Hanged - 16ss

5 x Seishin - 10ss

I'm thinking about getting into Kirai as well, just to have a 3rd Resser master, I don't really care for McMourning. The times I've tried my friends crew it was a lot of fun!!

Kirai is a blast to play, and is very good, but to me she has a slightly biggish leraning curve for newer people. Because she hurts herself for her spells, and people also forget she needs to be somewhat close to the action to get more sheshin. So she tends to get killed alot. Well at least to the people who are learning, then they don't like her. That why I always bring a librarian with her now, ya it costs 9 ss but to be able to heal kirai 3 times if necessary and also give her + flips to her casting is really good.

So I'm gonna play this maybe on Saturday at our local tournament.

Kirai 6ss cachef

x5 sheshin 10ss

Librarian 9ss

Snowstorm 11ss

Lost Love 2ss

Just wondering how you all feel how snowstorm will work with kirai. It either snowastorm or x2 onryu and a 7ss cache.

Yeah, Kirai does have a sharp learning curve. I'm relatively new to the game, and only learned her as quickly as I did thanks to the advice on this forum. However, once you've gotten good at playing her, she can be a really dangerous master. The people I play against really fear her.

That said, certain masters give me trouble. I played a game against Ramos a few weeks ago and it was an uphill battle the whole way (and I ended up losing pretty badly). It was hard to get new Seishin against all of his constructs, and half of Ramos' minions can detonate for damage with no defense possible; I had no answer for that.

Of course, the fact that I only drew one card higher than a 9 into my hand (and no Crow suit cards higher than a 6) during the first 3 turns of the game might have had something to do with my difficulties...