Next crew - Seamus vs Hamelin

ChefsDad

Hi guys and gals.

Ive become a bit of a malifaux junkie, having played for about 4 months and owning a Kirai crew and all the currently released Neverborn model. But i still want MORE!

I play often, so i get to use everything fairly regularly.

Im undecided whether to go Hamelin or Seamus. Id like sone convincing please :-)

I love both crews' models, theme and fluff.

Would like some input please :)

Thanks in advance.

I personally like Seamus over Hamelin, although hamelin might be a tad more powerful. Seamus has a wide range of ressies that mesh well with him and and Hamelin's models range are slightly more limited. Plus zombie hookers!!! and with a kirai crew you already have some more options open to Seamus like shikome and onryo

My vote goes for Seamus, once you go Res you will never go bak :D

But seriously he has a very adaptable and varied playstyle and works well with a whole range of the Resurrectionist minions, so branching our beyond just Rotten Belles is definately a good idea. Plus the Onryo from Kirai help cover a couple of his weaknesses very effectively (plus he likes The Hanged just like Kirai too)

Well if you take some Hanged the Onryo can make him have immediate revenge as well (add in the grave spirit and no one is going to want to touch him spirit, armour 2 plus suffer a wound any time to inflict ranged damage).

Plus they ignore armour with their melee strikes (something a Seamus crew can struggle with) and can choose to target Wp of Df (and Seamus has a lovely Wp debuff) and with Mark of Jigoku they can deal with Immune to Influence models and other models that are immune to morale duels which is fantastic for Seamus as he and his typical crew love targetting Wp.

For Seamus anything with a wp debuff is great but not needed due to the high cast on lure, but Onryo's are nice with that debuff to make sure you get the lure and ignoring armour is big as Seamus only gets one shot and the belles dont have much for dg output, but whats great is with the belles you can lure your opponent into anything such as crooked men shaft markers or punk zombie katana flurry or whatever your heart fancy's beacuse Seamus is very flexible and works well with almost all ressies. Plus shikome are great to throw at a target you dont want the rest of your crew to deal with.

Im still pretty new to the game only have about 30 games with Seamus, but im still finding new crew combos and there is just so much you can take with him and its not hard to tailor to strat and scheme needs and best of all The hatter keeps it fresh and with all the variance threatens to never go stale.

For Seamus anything with a wp debuff is great but not needed due to the high cast on lure, but Onryo's are nice with that debuff to make sure you get the lure and ignoring armour is big as Seamus only gets one shot and the belles dont have much for dg output, but whats great is with the belles you can lure your opponent into anything such as crooked men shaft markers or punk zombie katana flurry or whatever your heart fancy's beacuse Seamus is very flexible and works well with almost all ressies. Plus shikome are great to throw at a target you dont want the rest of your crew to deal with.

The Wp debuff isn't for Lure.

It's for the two 4" Terrifying->14 auras you have to beat. :D

Sandwich has it in one :D, add Jack Daw and you are golden. I tend to run a few terrifying models in my crews and the -2 Wp really helps out.

Seamus is really very flexible and can play a very good board control game, he is a lot more than just a .50 Flintlock (although that can also be board control as not very many people want to end up in range of that).

A pretty demoralising 35ss list that I have going is:

Seamus

Grave Spirit

Jack Daw

The Hanged

Madame Sybelle

Onryo

Every model except the Grave Spirit is Terrifying everyone is hard to put down with a combination of Hard to Wound, Hard to Kill, Regen, Spirit, Armour and high qty of wounds. All the spirits (except the Onryo) are still undead so if they are killed in close proximity to Seamus he still gets benefit from Necrotic Ministrations. Its not your typical undead swarm but can prove to be very potent, you can also just choose elements of the list and add in extras. The only main concern is making sure Seamus has at least 5ss in his cache as he really likes them.

The Wp debuff isn't for Lure.

It's for the two 4" Terrifying->14 auras you have to beat. :D

Nice i will have to remember that next time, also thanks for the tactica it really helped me get started with my crew and malifaux when i started a few months back.