Video Intro

Addication

First of all welcome to malifaux :)

The video worked fine for me, if i should be honest, i dont really like it, i think its too SciFi'ish...

I love the way you cut the vid and how you worked with the music, but if you could make it more steampunk/malifaux'ish what would make it even better...

If the video was for Infinity i think it would be great as it is but not Malifaux.

Maybe some different music and the green slide-thingy... Im more into smoke and gears, more dark and older...

But dont get me wrong i love the way you cut the vid to match the music, its great!

Hope i wasnt to hard ? :)

That was pretty good; I liked the cuts with script in the beginning -particularly the longer line that had only a moment of show. You almost have to read it from memory because it's gone so quickly. I love that kind of editing. Nice work in building up the anticipation and drawing the viewer in. Your miniature shots were interesting too, with panning and rotation used to good effect. There was a little shake in one of the pans, but it didn't detract much from the shot.

I would agree with Tumling about the style not fitting the feel of Malifaux, but I did feel that it works fine for miniature gaming in general. For those gamers who might like a little peek at Malifaux's miniatures and a very elusive hint at the card gameplay mechanic, I think the video does well. I also think that if you really want to draw people in for more Malifaux, it'd be nice to work the feel of the Malifaux world into the video.

In short, I really liked the editing in the beginning. It looks like you spent some time and care creating the video and while I think that it could benefit from a "Malifaux world" injection, I think that it came out well.

Nice work, and welcome to the forums~

I liked it! It's definitely something that I could not do myself, and found quite enjoyable. I think it does a great job of introducing people to the figures a little bit and gets them excited. Also, great paint job! I love how the colors bring them together as a collective unit, but also make them each stand out on their own!

I do think the music was more fitting of the Neverborn than the Ortega clan, but then again, the Ortega's are about as close to Neverborn you can get as a human (and not be skinned), so it's good.

If possible I may attempt to do something similar, though I'm sure it would not look as good! I'm especially in awe of that rotating shot! I had to go back and watch it again!

:congrats::thrasher::rock:

Edited by Silent Jet

First of all welcome to malifaux :)

The video worked fine for me, if i should be honest, i dont really like it, i think its too SciFi'ish...

I love the way you cut the vid and how you worked with the music, but if you could make it more steampunk/malifaux'ish what would make it even better...

If the video was for Infinity i think it would be great as it is but not Malifaux.

Maybe some different music and the green slide-thingy... Im more into smoke and gears, more dark and older...

But dont get me wrong i love the way you cut the vid to match the music, its great!

Hope i wasnt to hard ? :)

Agree almost 100% it looks good but just not Malifaux for me.

Victoriasteamhorrorwestpunk it up and it would be great. Nice editting though and wlecome to the forums. :)