Pigapult

Dumb Luck

Now forgive the seemingly stupid question but what would I need to make the Pigapult work?

Despite being a 4ss model, it actually costs much more than that (after Taxidermist, Stuffed Pigs etc). So my questions are this: what is the minimum of additional models it requires to function properly and after all that points investment, is it actually worth it?

Well, I'd say you need a Taxy (6ss) and at least 2 maybe even 3 stuffed pigs to start (6-9ss). So now thats a 12-15ss investment, for a cb4 strike that does decent damage...if it even hits. I know it can do other stuff, like send units into needed places, but it's too random to be super effective. When I used it with Pere it was awesome, but once again it's feast or famine and the ss cost goes up to hire the additional models to make that trick work. In my experience with a Taxy and stuffed Pigs, its better to piglet roll them and Bacon Bomb, much more reliable. Is it hilarious, no doubt, but effective not really. If you could sacrifice Gremlins to fire (technically you do, but I mean to physically use them as ammo lolz) it I think it would be much more points worthy. It just costs too much when all is said and done. For 14ss I could take Ophelia and Rami which will be a lot more effective. That's my two crowns worth.

pigapult in my opinion is only functional in a list built around it.

you make an assembly line. som'er, gremlin, taxidermist. start with a couple of stuffed pigs. som'er gets your bro, kills a gremlin, draws cards, use the corpse to make a pig. they both get 3 chances at it even if you don't have the cards you need. and you draw when the gremlins die.

it gives it infinite ammo and it can shoot 3 times a turn.

Stuffed Pigs are pretty good. There is no resistance to their pulse, even though the damage is unpredictable, and friendly Gremlins only ever take 1dg from it. Also, the Taxy has an ability to detonate the stuffed pigs in play at the same time with Purdy Fire Works...and its a (0) action...that can be done twice a turn! Stuffed Pigs also have companion with the Taxy, so you can imagine the shenanigans there!