Which Models Are Good to Pine Box?

Hansel

That is, which of my own models are good to cast Pine Box on?

Someone recently told me that a good tactic is to Pine Box my Executioner to get him across the board more quickly, but upon a second look, Death Marshals & the Ex have the same speed. Is this good because the Ex has lower defense (3 to the DM's 4)? Or because he's big (40mm) and it's handier to skitter him across the board unseen?

All thoughts are appreciated!

The Executioner tends to draw a lot of fire, and as long as he's not stuck in melee he's very vulnerable. The coffin taxi is a way to get him into the fray more easily.

Another target that tends to be popular is Lady Justice, but I personally don't think she needs it. She's a lot faster and can take a lot of punishment that, when directed at her, doesn't hit your other models. And let's face it, Guild crews are most vulnerable to attrition.

Papa Loco in a box can be fun too, especially if you're not running Perdy to keep him in check or chain-obey him.

Apart from these any melee model is a good choice if you want to use this tactic.

On a final note: this tactic is sometimes considered cheesy and is often frowned upon in friendly play (abusing spells that are originally intended to target enemy models to give your own models a free ride), but in reality it's not even that good. The spell isn't easy to get off (8+:crows) and your Death Mashal needs to die to get your other model to pop out at any other time than the closing phase. And as you pointed out already, Death Marshals aren't particulary fast either.

You can use Pine Box on anything - "Bury target model".

I don't think it is cheesy at all. That kind of attitude (cheese) comes from games where rules are not monitored and updated with any kind of frequency, so glitches and exploits are impossible to tell apart from rules that function in unexpected, but intended ways. Where you have a game, like Malifaux, where FAQs and card updates happen quite often, it is easy to tell them apart. Pine Box has been worded like that through a few updates now, so using it on your own models is fine. That's what Malifaux wants you to do :)

Also, get Lucius to use Reinforcements to bring your Death Marshall forward...