LOS and overpower

Satyrwyld

Question

So this came up recently...

Coppelius Teddy Gamin

BIG HOUSE

Rasputina Golem

Raspy bounces a December Curse off the golem onto Teddy. Since Teddy's engaged, the RM directs me to flip for him and everyone in range, including those not in LoS as possible targets. The targeting flip hit Coppelius, and Overpower triggered.

Am I correct in understanding that the additional Overpower cast would hit Coppelius, despite the LoS blockage? Also, does the -3 ice mirror penalty continue to apply to Overpower? (I assume it does, but it never hurts to check)

4 answers to this question

It looks like you could cast it again, but you would HAVE to have LoS since it says "Targeting" which invokes all the rules for having a legal target. So you would randomize again for who it hits in Combat and you'd have to use Ice Mirror if it was the only way to get LoS to the person it hit that triggered the Over Power.

But if the Combat randomization had bounced it to a Target that was in Raspy's LoS and Spell Range, she would not have to use Ice Mirror again I think.

Basically you would treat the new casting of the spell caused by Overpower as exactly that, a new casting of the spell it just already has it's target set (which must still be a legal target).

@Lobo: It just says Targeting the same model again on her V2 card, so it would have to follow all the normal rules for targeting with a spell.