35ss Gremlin Tourney List

Cornelious1424

So me and a few guys from my local shop are taking a trip out to another store for a Malifaux tourney. I will be bringing my Gremlins. Here is pretty much the list I'll be using for most games, regardless of the strategy.

Ophelia - as a Master

Rami - 6ss

Pere - 5ss

Francois - 5ss

3x Young LaCroix - 6ss

3x Bayou Gremlins - 6ss

2x Slop Hauler - 8ss

So right now I'd be sitting on 5 stones, with the potential for one more if I opt to take only 1 scheme (which I'll most likely do). I think this list will be able to handle most things, and I'm pretty sure I'll be the only Gremlin player represented. That being said, I think I'll have the advantage on some of their players having not faced the gremlins before.

One thing I would say is that I find Raphael to be the 3rd best family member (after rami and Ophelia), so ahead of Francois, and Pere to be very game dependant. Ie, I wouldn't take him against Zoraida, ortegas (So any guild) etc. (Anything with obey...)

But otherwise looks good, although I'd reccomend going with 2 schemes over the extra SS as I find gremmys don't need tons of SS.

I find that the slingshot tactic with Pere and Ophelia works quite well against just about anyone (except Hoffman...goddamn guardians and their shield wall). If you position correctly there really isn't much of a chance they're going to get Obey off and his threat range with Ooh a Girl is pretty nice.

I guess the other player could turtle up and stall for a couple turns to try and draw you out, but gl having Rami 1shot all of your models while you cower in fear of the exploding gremlin.

Edited by Necromorph

I have to agree Raphael is a great is one to find a place for in the list. His hard to kill lets him trigger dumb luck and do crazy damage without killing himself, as well as being able to heal himself afterwords, so as to not be one hit killed after. He is a beast of a gremlin. His rand 6 3pnt aoe isn't all bad either :)

I find that the slingshot tactic with Pere and Ophelia works quite well against just about anyone (except Hoffman...goddamn guardians and their shield wall). If you position correctly there really isn't much of a chance they're going to get Obey off and his threat range with Ooh a Girl is pretty nice.

I love this trick, it has won me many games!!

I'm not a fan of Raphael. I like Francois better for his auto Dumb Luck trigger in melee, which means I can give "Dumb and Lucky" to Rami or Ophelia. I also do the sling shot thing with Francois...18" charge, yes please!!

So I ended up going 1-2, and could have won every game. My match ups were Guild (Sonia), Guild (Sonia) and Guild (Lucius) :y:. Most of my local shop players Guild so I thought it would be nice to finally play something new...sigh. Won the second Sonia match up, we had shared Reconnoiter...with all of my activations this one wasn't too hard, heh. Lost the last game due to an extended turn and flipping a 2 for initiative...when I needed to beat a 3 lol, it happens. Game 1, well I was having so much fun trying to kill stuff, I ignored the shared destroy the evidence, haha. Was a great tourney, and I deff handicapped my self by bringing Gremlins due to the format of the tourney. It was declare faction, everyone knew I was just using Gremlins, ended up with 3 Guild players so I saw Austringers x2 in every game :frusty:.