Basic questions from a new guy

Thechosenone

Question

Few quick ones that i'm hoping for insight on.

First, when an effect deals a single fixed number of damage is there a damage flip. Example would be papa loco. He has several effects that deal a set number of damage points. Does the controller simply do what he must to get the spell or effect off (Take ya with me casting cost or die with regard to boom.) and then deal the damage with no other steps then accounting for armor, evasive and possibly a prevention flip with a soul stone?

Second question is with regards to spells and triggers that turn around an attack back on the attacker. For example counter cast or Faster then you. When it states that i'm using the attackers total to damage them can you explain what that means exactly? Do it mean that i'm using their TO HIT attack flips and they need to start flipping cards to now defend against their own flips they used originally to hurt me?

Finally, as far as i can see, Beast has no rules. Is it just a designation for anything that targets things listed as being a Beast or am i missing something?

Thanks gentlemen

1 answer to this question

1. Damage results that specify an amount of DG inflict that exact amount of damage which can then be modified by armour etc before becoming wounds. Don't forget though that your opponent still usually gets to try and resist the cast/strike

2. If you win by 3 when defending, you count as winning by 3 with the resulting attack. If you defend and win the dual by 12, you count as hitting by 12.

3. Beast is a characteristic/trait which is affected by some abilities. It has no other effect on the game and confers no bonuses.