Slow to die

ghostwalker

Question

EDIT ** Can a mod move this please as i posted it in the wrong section. Sorry my bad*

I have a couple of questions regarding 'Slow to die'

If someone has 'slow to die' and can use soulstones. Can they make a healing flip as a 'slow to die' action. If so how many times could they efffectively do this. Ie- I shoot molly with a freshly activated Nino. He scores high enough to kill her, as her slow to die she heals back a wound. So i shoot her again and kill her again. Would she get to make another 'slow to die' action and potentially heal herself again?.

In the same respect if a model is outrightly killed by a trigger/spell like headshot or molly's 'philosophy of uncertainty' would it still get a slow to die action.

Edited by ghostwalker

17 answers to this question

I think this should be in the Rules section but...

If someone has 'slow to die' and can use soulstones. Can they make a healing flip as a 'slow to die' action. If so how many times could they efffectively do this. Ie- I shoot molly with a freshly activated Nino. He scores high enough to kill her, as her slow to die she heals back a wound. So i shoot her again and kill her again. Would she get to make another 'slow to die' action and potentially heal herself again?.

Yes, they can keep doing this until they run out of soulstones.

Von Schill is the same.

Regarding 'In the same respect if a model is outrightly killed by a trigger/spell like headshot or molly's 'philosophy of uncertainty' would it still get a slow to die action.' I don't know :)

yes they can make a healing flip every time they are reduced to 0 wounds so as long as they have soulstones they can keep doing it. makes killing colette very hard

no matter how much damage you inflict as long as they heal 1 wound they stay alive

dont know about the headshot style kill tho

edit: beaten to it

EDIT ** Can a mod move this please as i posted it in the wrong section. Sorry my bad*

I have a couple of questions regarding 'Slow to die'

They get Slow to Die every time they dies, so yes they could heal with a SS each time.

In the same respect if a model is outrightly killed by a trigger/spell like headshot or molly's 'philosophy of uncertainty' would it still get a slow to die action.

If it says Killed you would get a slow to die action, but healing will not save you from something like headshot or Philosophy of uncertainty.

I take it this came about after an earlier conversation we had..

So yes, Colette on 12ss+ is VERY hard to kill! And headshot is definitely good, but a Use Soulstone target can sack 2ss to ignore it, which is 1 more ss than a slow to die action anyway, so yes Ghostwalker, bring on the games this weekend :evil:

I take it this came about after an earlier conversation we had..

So yes, Colette on 12ss+ is VERY hard to kill! And headshot is definitely good, but a Use Soulstone target can sack 2ss to ignore it, which is 1 more ss than a slow to die action anyway, so yes Ghostwalker, bring on the games this weekend :evil:

Not not really ash, was in relation to something another model elsewhere can do :dance:. I have other ways of killing that require no triggers at all.

Apologies for making asking in this thread. But its a related question and probably not worth making a new thread for.

I know it says model is killed under slow to die. But in the event the enemy force the model to be sacrificed (like the Gaki is capable of with absorb), I would assme that the 'sacrificed' model would not get a slow to die action as it isnt being 'killed' as such.

... And headshot is definitely good, but a Use Soulstone target can sack 2ss to ignore it, which is 1 more ss than a slow to die action anyway, so yes Ghostwalker, bring on the games this weekend evil.gif

If you use Headshot on Colette and she doesn't discard two cards/ss then she'll die even if she attempts to heal on the Slow to Die action - reason being that she receives a 'killed' effect from Headshot that doesn't go away by her healing.

Slow to die models should avoid sacrificed effects!

They should also avoid being Paralyzed, as Paralyzed models can't take any actions (Slow to Die included).

If you use Headshot on Colette and she doesn't discard two cards/ss then she'll die even if she attempts to heal on the Slow to Die action - reason being that she receives a 'killed' effect from Headshot that doesn't go away by her healing.

They should also avoid being Paralyzed, as Paralyzed models can't take any actions (Slow to Die included).

Yes ofcourse. Just means sacking 2 ss instead of 1 for the trigger..although no chance flipping a black joker!

Yeah paralysed is nasty in that situation!

Is there errata for Rules manual p. 118: "If the model is healed 1 or more wd while resolving the action it is not killed and remains in play"?

Otherwise ANY healing during a slow to die action would keep you alive.