Charging question

CubertFarnsworth

Question

9 answers to this question

Can you charge if you are in someone else's melee range.

Ex: you are 2 inches away....you have a 1 inch melee range but the person you are charging has a 3 inch melee range.

Thank you

You may charge.

Charging only states you can't charge a model if you have that model in YOUR melee range. Page 36 under charge:

"This model may take the Charge Action if it has a target model within its LoS, which is not already in its melee range."

Because it doesn't say anything about being in the other models melee range it doesn't matter for this rule. =)

Hi,

i have an issue bothering my mind. What if i have a model with 2" melee range charging a model with 1" melee range like this:

chargequestion.jpg

(Olive stands for my model (Viktoria), green stands for enemy models)

The charge is a legal move, i have LoS, range, my model moves in a straight line. Does the enemy have a right to do a parting strike (my model obviously enters and leaves his melee range)?

Yosh

Hi,

i have an issue bothering my mind. What if i have a model with 2" melee range charging a model with 1" melee range like this:

chargequestion.jpg

(Olive stands for my model (Viktoria), green stands for enemy models)

The charge is a legal move, i have LoS, range, my model moves in a straight line. Does the enemy have a right to do a parting strike (my model obviously enters and leaves his melee range)?

Yosh

You move (ie. not push, place or whatever) your model during a Charge, so yes - if it leaves any enemy models melee range then that model is allowed to make a disengagement strike.

Moves always allow for disengagement strikes :)

Edited by Wodschow

Oh, i have some questions too,

1, Can you charge off from a flat elevation (and don't suffer Dg if it's ht is lower than 3 / suffer if it's 3 or more?) if you have LoS?

2, Can you charge up a climbable wall? (for example, i have LoS, i move 1inch forward, climb 2 inches for 4 "move points" and move another 1, it's a 6 inch charge, can i do it?)

hi, i'm new in Malifaux world and i have (perhaps silly) short question:

if models in Malifaux do not have a specific facing, and when my model have LoS to enemy model, who's behind me, can i charge in this situation?

Yup! Because the model's have no facing, you can see all around you. There is no back arc, everything is in your one arc despite how the model faces etc.