Bushido: Awesome new game about to be released

For anyone interested in martial arts, the orient, fantasy and mythology on June 4th the new company CGT Studios will be releasing a new 28mm skirmish game called Bushido

This week they released the quicksart rules which are available for free

http://www.bushido-thegame.com/sites...rt%20Rules.pdf

Also on their website you can see models for the first two factions.

The Cult of Yurei (undead zombie samurai!!!!!!)

http://www.bushido-thegame.com/node/150

and the Prefecture of Ryu

http://www.bushido-thegame.com/node/...ontext=node/48

and they also posted preview pics for the Master Monk Ekusa on his giant turtle

http://www.bushido-thegame.com/node/45

And a preview of the Monk Kenko

http://picasaweb.google.com/105918797212904063889/BushidoPreviews#5557678296511629874

I think it looks awesome and hopefully it will be a big succes.

**Edit:

For the record, I'm not part of the company producing Bushido and I'm very sorry if my post sounds as a sales pitch for them.

I don't know how to let other people know about a new game without providing links and showing my enthusiasm.

Edited by Crooked Grin

Agree it looks very good. Rules remind me alot of the old confrontation rules (which is a good thing). The miniatures although not up to Wyrd's standards still seem good.

I have downloaded the rules and after a good read hope to get a game in this weekend.

They have also put up on website the cards (each model has its own card with stats and abilities) for the first two starter box sets which makes playtesting much easier.

I don't know about the quality of the sculpts, I do think some of the miniatures we've seen look a bit static, but I really like the Kenko miniature and the Turtle miniature which are pretty impressive sculpts and IMO on par with Wyrds miniatures.

But i really have to see more miniatures to make a decision to buy or not but it's looking good so far.

GCT studios released the cards for the first two factions and descriptions and artwork for the other faction starter sets.

They are absolutely stunning and I can see myself playing the Temple of Ro-Kan and the Savage Wave.

I really can't wait for this game to be released.

Edited by Crooked Grin

For anyone interested in martial arts, the orient, fantasy and mythology on June 4th the new company CGT Studios will be releasing a new 28mm skirmish game called Bushido

This week they released the quicksart rules which are available for free

http://www.bushido-thegame.com/sites...rt%20Rules.pdf

Also on their website you can see models for the first two factions.

The Cult of Yurei (undead zombie samurai!!!!!!)

http://www.bushido-thegame.com/node/150

and the Prefecture of Ryu

http://www.bushido-thegame.com/node/...ontext=node/48

and they also posted preview pics for the Master Monk Ekusa on his giant turtle

http://www.bushido-thegame.com/node/45

And a preview of the Monk Kenko

http://picasaweb.google.com/105918797212904063889/BushidoPreviews#5557678296511629874

I think it looks awesome and hopefully it will be a big succes.

Hmm.. You posted that EXACT same sales speech on the Infinity forums and was criticized alot for doing so (creators accused of stealing rulesets from elsewhere), but claiming you aren't affiliated with them people seemed to let go of it..

I know nothing of the matter, but am rather surprised that you'd keep promoting it after some people got so mad about it in one place..

Also, on both forums you have fairly new accounts with next to no posts..

Now like I said I know nothing about all this, just thought people here should know that some people elsewhere are very upset with the lack of originality in the ruleset for this game.

Thread on Infinity forums.

All that said I quite like the puppet master.. But that's also about it, not overly impressed with the other sculpts..

That's because I copied and pasted the entire message on a few forums I visit at the same time.

Only the Infinity forum gave me a hard time about it, so much for the friendliest forum they claim to be.

Still I find it strange that as you said you know nothing about the whole situation between the company that produces Bushido and the Infinity forum member(s) who have a problem with the rules lacking originality as you said (neither do I), yet you felt the need to post a link to that whole discussion on this forum and stir up trouble.

Why can't you just let it go especially as it doesn't concern you? By the way I posted this exact message on the Warmachine forum also, so I'll see you there.

I'll explain my low post count again for the people on this forum.

Like Infinity I don't play Malifaux but I'm interested in it, I subscribe to a couple of podcasts and Youtube channels about Malifaux and Infinity and I generally like to see what peoples experiences are with the games and to see the miniatures people have painted without having to discuss topics myself as I know almost next to nothing about really playing those games. I almost never post on these forums but I visit them daily.

It's through my enthusiasm for Bushido that I thought I should let other people know about it and since Malifaux is also a skirmish game and the have some links to the orient (Kirai most notably) I thought people would be interested.

Edited by Crooked Grin

Thanks for posting this. I've bookmarked the site, as I'm definitely a sucker for Asian inspired gaming (L5R player for nearly 15 years).

Love the art, the cards, and most of the models, especially Kato and the turtle. Have to go over the rules in more depth later.

Do they have an actual rule book release planned?

The website could really use some work, it's kinda clunky, and this is important to me. I'm looking at you too Infinity!

I think the website is still a work in progress and they are still adding new stuff all the time.

I asked the same question about the rulebook and somebody from GCT Studios said that there will be a rulebook but couldn't give me a date, however the next wave of miniatures (at least a blister for every faction) will be in July and there will also be other factions in the future.

Hmm.. You posted that EXACT same sales speech on the Infinity forums and was criticized alot for doing so (creators accused of stealing rulesets from elsewhere), but claiming you aren't affiliated with them people seemed to let go of it..

I know nothing of the matter, but am rather surprised that you'd keep promoting it after some people got so mad about it in one place..

Also, on both forums you have fairly new accounts with next to no posts..

Now like I said I know nothing about all this, just thought people here should know that some people elsewhere are very upset with the lack of originality in the ruleset for this game.

Thread on Infinity forums.

All that said I quite like the puppet master.. But that's also about it, not overly impressed with the other sculpts..

Lets not go down the same route that the Infinity forum went :boring:. Crooked Grin is just posting up some links for a new game he is excited about.

I tried a game out over the weekend with a few proxy figures. Found it good fun. Not the same depth as malifaux however but still good for a change once in a while.

They have posted up some new figures overnight you might want to check out. They have a big monster with a hammer which is pretty good.

Edited by Peoples Champ

I think the depth will come once it is more established, it's like the pilot of a new series, in the first episode you get to know the characters a bit, what drives or motivates them will be answered in later episodes (if this is what you meant by depth)

I actually thought the guy with the big hammer was average and quite liked all of the miniatures for the Temple and most of the miniatures for the Cult of Yurei. I didn't think much of the Prefecture (poses too static) or the Bakemono.

Although I must say the photos are not flattering (judging by the picture I posted a link to of Kenko and the miniature posted now on the website) I have a feeling the miniatures will be better in real life.

And they are a new company, maybe they'll grow more into the whole miniatures design and sculpting process There are quite a few Malifaux miniatures that do absolutely nothing for me (model wise).

Edited by Crooked Grin

I'm confused on the combat pool numbers. Which of the two numbers are you supposed to use to calculate the combat pool? It mentions in the rules that there will be a black number above that white to be used as a modifier, but both numbers on the cards are white, and some are higher than others.

They are absolutely stunning and I can see myself playing the Temple of Ro-Kan and the Savage Wave.

Same here. I don't know jack about the rules yet, but I already love the Bakemono.

And Ekusa. I'm going to get that miniature even if I pass on the faction. Riding turtle, man!

As for the miniatures in general, I like the style, and the sculpts are really good, but I agree that a lot of them look static. I guess I blame the concept art.