Perdita Tourney List

Calmdown

Hello all

I'm entering a tourney soon and I'll likely be running 35ss Perdita with 20ss of 'sideboard'. I'm looking for opinions on this list, particularly if there's any glaring weaknesses in my options against certain factions that I may have missed (I'm still quite new).

Base 35ss List

Perdita w/ Enslaved Nephilim (3ss cache)

Niño

Santiago

Papa Loco

Abuela

Francisco

Sideboard 21ss

Executioner (Sub for Papa+1ss against armies where alpha strike is less useful or Austringer+Neph vs armies where Papa alpha is less good or the Obey chain is less needed/possible)

Peacekeeper (subs for Papa+Neph+1ss against wp duel heavy opponents)

Austringer (subs in for Feancisco when LoS will be an issue or LoS ignore is good)

Potential things I'm missing that might work:

Austringer in main list, maybe 2nd still in sideboard?

Better options than Peacekeeper or Executioner? Maybe Witchlings?

Comments on your experience of what models give family specific issues or can exploit weaknesses and as such what would build a better sideboard appreciated!

I would recommend a couple of Witchling Stalkers in the sideboard to throw in when dealing with Spirits or heavy magic caster crews.You might also consider a Governor's proxy for when dealing with heavy WP/no frightening lists. Also might consider a Watcher or two. 3ss,move 7,and not insignificant.

So a couple of recommendations for a few models, but what would you take out for them? For example, Governor's Proxy is filling the same role as Peacekeeper and would have to be subbed in for Nephilim, meaning less obey for Papa and hence potentially needing a sub out for him. Ttus is the proxy really an appropriate choice? (personally I'd never run him due to the auto deaths)

Also as far as Death Marshalls go, why would you run them over Executioner?

And are these things really considerations that need sideboard to deal with and the main list would struggle with ordinarily? Thats what I'm really after rather than just generic "this is good vs this" - sideboard choices to deal with things that Ortegas have trouble with. Spirits sounds like one of those things maybe.

Edited by Calmdown

Also as far as Death Marshalls go, why would you run them over Executioner?

Range, plain and simple. I would put in two Death Marshalls over one Executioner because, A) I get two of them (more models is sometimes the better choice) and B) they can start hitting things at 10"... Plus they have a spell that lets them do extra damage. The Executioner is good (he used to be better (see book 1)) but I honestly thing the DM's will serve you better.

I agree death Marshals are insanely good, best guild model for 4ss. Slow to die is so powerful, especially if they die at range strike range. Executioner with Perdita is even better, a model that is truly hard to kill, and with Perdita is fast enough to be the biggest threat. He has the ability to take down a lot of models with one strike and since he can charge into range because of Obey, he can really cut a model down and be able to pull of a slow to die kill so he can fully heal.

He is almost an auto include in all Perdita lists. Combine him with a Death Marshal who buries him on turn 1 after he goes defensive stance you have an incredible threat. Since death Marshals are so great and with slow to die, it becomes hard for your oppenent to want to kill the Marshal. In main list I would take out Abuela and Papa to make room and take Executioner and Death Marshal along with the extra ss. Perdita does best with at least 4-5 ss in 30ss plus games.

Abuela can welcome him to the family but I don't think he needs that extra alpha strike boost, especially with the Death Marshal delivery.

Also if you need to get in your opponent's face, I would maybe suggest switching executioner for Nino in main list. Executioner as a family member paired with Fransico can do some incredible damage in melee, especially if you obey them into range.

I have even paired executioner with papa loco, know papa's boom at death could kill executioner, but if it won't kill the model in executioner's range it would sure weaken the model so the executioner can kill it and fully heal. This is high risk but can be worth it or pair executioner with leadstorm you can kill executioner weaken model in his melee and then finish with executioner's slow to die, killing model and fully healing, getting one extra action out of the Executioner.

What about your guys experience with Papa? He seems like an exceptionally versatile threat yet he's always the first thing people take out. Is there a good reason for that or is he just the easiest model to remove because of him being a bit tricky, and maybe something else could be a beter choice to drop for these recommendations?

Seeing a lot more point in the Death Marshalls now though definitely, thanks for the replies so far.

As a followup, now considering this list:

Perdita Ortega -- 3 Cache

• Executioner
  • 2x Death Marshal
  • Nino Ortega
  • Santiago Ortega
  • Francisco Ortega

Very versatile, does everything. Has a great 'out of the box' (no death marshall pun intended) split option with Marshalls+Excutioner and the Ortegas. This may be inexperience but so far I've felt that losing too many points for extra stones is not as good as simply have more/better models on the table. Perdita seems to function ok with 3 if you don't squander them.

For sideboard I'm considering:

Peacekeeper (against shooty lists and wp duel lists - think he would be an improvement over Dm+exec?)

2 Witchlings (replace DMs against magic heavy lists - do you guys think their magic resist is worth breaking the exec combo and losing some firepower?)

Austringer(s) (I think having option to ignore Los on some tables/with some objectives is a good use of sideboard)

Nephilim (for making up points in certain sideboard configs)

Watcher (seems like another potential great switch-in for completing objectives?)

Executioner and death marshal combo only works with at least 2 obey so you news nephlim. I would drop a marshal only news throne, take nephlim and 2 extra ss. She has little to no wounds as a master. Great she has def 8 but that is beatable, she doesn't ever need max stones, but if you want use her a bit more aggressively you need the extra stones. Her damage output is too much not to be aggressive.

Or you could train Nino for Abuela, granny is great and executioner workable great if you cam family companion. Nino is great but might want to think about switching. Also you cam obey Santiago into rapid fire range with 7cb. Or leadstorm range than bring rest in for clean up and use shotgun to soften or finish up cluster.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree death Marshals are insanely good, best guild model for 4ss. Slow to die is so powerful, especially if they die at range strike range. Executioner with Perdita is even better, a model that is truly hard to kill, and with Perdita is fast enough to be the biggest threat. He has the ability to take down a lot of models with one strike and since he can charge into range because of Obey, he can really cut a model down and be able to pull of a slow to die kill so he can fully heal.

He is almost an auto include in all Perdita lists. Combine him with a Death Marshal who buries him on turn 1 after he goes defensive stance you have an incredible threat. Since death Marshals are so great and with slow to die, it becomes hard for your oppenent to want to kill the Marshal.

A couple of questions here:

If Death Marshals are so awesome - would you not include more an one?

When you mention defensive stance, what exactly do you mean? The Marshal going def then burying would cost 3ap requiring an obey, and would not get theExecutioner any closer to the enemy.

When you mention defensive stance, what exactly do you mean? The Marshal going def then burying would cost 3ap requiring an obey, and would not get theExecutioner any closer to the enemy.

Make the Executioner take the Defensive Stance, that way he'll still have it when he is unburied (buried models aren't around in the resolve effects phase so ongoing effects on them don't disappear), ready to be dropped on someones face on a later turn..