Sedition Wars

Just wondering if anyone else had been folowing the Studio McVey releases for their sci-fi range sedition wars?

Now that i'm solely dedicated to skirmish games this looks like it could deal with my sci-fi itch (Although the sodaverse is still in contention)

http://seditionwars.com/

Edit: Should this be in news and reviews? I wasn't sure.

Edited by Chucklemonkey

Just wondering if anyone else had been folowing the Studio McVey releases for their sci-fi range sedition wars?

Now that i'm solely dedicated to skirmish games this looks like it could deal with my sci-fi itch (Although the sodaverse is still in contention)

http://seditionwars.com/

Edit: Should this be in news and reviews? I wasn't sure.

Never heard of it before, but the models look interesting.

If you want to deal with your Scifi Itch chuckle, check out Infinity.

Has good reviews, got a variety of model types and factions as well as some really nice models since the thing is a bit anime inspired as well.

Never heard of it before, but the models look interesting.

If you want to deal with your Scifi Itch chuckle, check out Infinity.

Has good reviews, got a variety of model types and factions as well as some really nice models since the thing is a bit anime inspired as well.

I have never been a huge fan of Infinity, the rules always seem a bit dense to me.... but then I am a bit of a beer and pizza player.

On a side note, I saw some of the the seditition wars stuff at Salute last weekend. It looks really nice, but it is very early days - I will watch it with great interest, as I am a huge fan of Mike McVey.

I love infinities models but I am not a fan of the rules.

There is some other skirmish game out there thats scifi. Can't remember the name but I know you use cards to measure range and such.

Personally I want MALIFAUX IN SPAAAAACCEEEEE!

*Gets an image in his head of cyberborg Nephilim and Teddy being a giant world destroying machine*

Ohhhhh..

There is some other skirmish game out there thats scifi. Can't remember the name but I know you use cards to measure range and such.

Sounds like MERCS. Looks interesting, but very limited model range so far and getting a lot of "Meh" commentary on the rules from our local players.

I looked at Infinity, and the rules just didn't grab me at all. Being able to dump your entire team's activations into a single model over and over felt very wrong to me even before you hit the confusion of the reactions. And even though I liked the overall theme, I found the models lacked variety. I may just be spoiled by Malifaux on that last bit, though ;)

• 3 months later...

I know it's bad form thread-o-mancing my own thread but they have now released some art of what I can only assume to be the enemy in the first game to be released in the setting.

Known as The Strain, images here.

http://studiomcvey.blogspot.com/

Models will apparently be debut-ed at Gen-con along with some early rules for the game which appears to be a tile based board game in the first instance.

I'm actually getting quite excited about it, as I seem to be drawn ever more to smaller and smaller scale games.

• 3 weeks later...