Finally got disappearing act with triple tome

CannonFodder

I can't tell which way the rule is INTENDED to be played, but by my reading the dove is actually allowed to cast the spells. Here's why:

Pg.14, Using Soulstones

Most of the time this will be a model with the Use Soulstones Ability, but on occasion a model without the ability or the player discards the soulstone.

This makes it pretty clear to me that, while you need the Use Soulstone Ability to use abilities that are Use Soulstone only (awkward sentence structure, hooray!), the rulebook explicitly states that it is OK if a game effect causes you to discard a soulstone even though you don't have the ability.

Our Hamelin players all got a shock when it was found out the the encounter ends before VPs are counted. So all the models that gained insignificant count for objectives claiming. This was another ruling on the forums that we can't find anything in the rules.

I'm not sure what thread you were reading, but keltheos ruled that insignificant from hamelin lasts through the entire end of the game so they do not count for objectives

@chipacabra - this has been ruled on in the rules forum. In the thread about totems and soulstones. I'm on my phone so no link

Edited by JayBarlekamp

Sorry if I'm bringing up a beef about the way ruling are done in wyrd here but I know I'm not alone. The new book was supposed to be a single set rules for players to follow, but its barely 2 months old and are finding stuff not in it. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a single FAQ that got updated once a month.

Again, this is NOT a new rule, and it's not a new ruling on the forums. It is a clarification. From what Sketch and the other Marshalls said, this is how it has ALWAYS been, or at least how it was always supposed to be. It's just that it wasn't entirely clear before. And yes, I agree, the rule book still isn't entirely clear that it works this way. But it isn't entirely clear that it works the way you are suggesting either. I understand though. Anytime a rules change happens and makes things different than you'd thought, it can be frustrating. In the end, it actually HELPS the players with Paralyze, so I fail to see what the problem is.

As for burying a Paralyzed model....well, that's easy...don't bury them. ;)

I can't tell which way the rule is INTENDED to be played, but by my reading the dove is actually allowed to cast the spells. Here's why:

Pg.14, Using Soulstones

This makes it pretty clear to me that, while you need the Use Soulstone Ability to use abilities that are Use Soulstone only (awkward sentence structure, hooray!), the rulebook explicitly states that it is OK if a game effect causes you to discard a soulstone even though you don't have the ability.

It's quite simple really. The Dove is actually USING Magicial Extension. It's not casting Disappearing Act or Discharge Soulstone. So the 'game effect' Magical Extension allows you to discard a Soulstone to change your starting total, but not for anything else.

And in addition, there is the thread in the rules section about it. ;)

http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20462