McMourning Starter Crew

The canines are a must have (usually 4) but you'll be normally trying to make flesh constructs. It's not a bad idea to have 2 flesh constructs if you go summoning crazy.

Other than that i use a combination of crooked men and belles. Bete Noir is also great fun.

Pretty much this. You will need the dogs and mcm also offer some sturdier minions such as Belles, pz or crooked men. Like Kanhead stated bete is great fun but a bit hit or miss.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night I played 5 or 6 25ss games with McM as my Master. Same list each time and, although I had a hard time getting the VP to win the game(I am an awful strategist), all of the games I tabled the opponent in either turn 5 or 6.

Here is the list I ran:

McM- 6ss Cache

Zombie Chihuahua- 1ss

Bete Noire- 9ss

Sebastian- 6ss

Canine Remains x4- 8ss

Extra soulstone to convert to a BP counter, which gives McM 1 BP's going in to the game.

When I deploy, I put 3 dogs around Sebastian and one right on McM. First turn, I activate McM and target a dog and do Scalpel Slingin' strike. Cheat the Def down on the dog so you can get a least a straight flip. Cheat the damage flip so it does weak damage (2 damage of the dog's 3 wounds). Gain 1 BP(now have a total of 2). Now in BtB with the dog, cast (1) Dissection and kill the dog. Gain 3 BP(now have 5).

At this point, assuming that you have at least a 10+ of crows in your hand, free Flesh Construct comes in with (0) Monstrous Creation.

If the game gets nice and intense, this can really work well for you. One of the games I played last night, I had 3 Flesh Constructs out at one time. Needless to say, I killed the whole Von Schill crew before turn 5.

After a lot of trial and error, this is the list that I find to work best for me. I would wait till 1 enemy model is killed to bring in Bete, just so she pops up right on the thick of things. Just be sure that you have at least a 10+ of any suit stocked away in your hand for her so she can Bury and heal when she gets wailed on.

If I had to make a 35ss list, I would just add 2 Punk Zombies and start the game the same way.

Cheers and happy slingin'!

I have a McM crew in the works, and yeah, just from reading I feel the 4 canine remains are really, really important. I'm hoping to use at least 1 nurse as well, partly just for fluff, but partly because I think they combo well with the essentially suicidal dogs.

As such the list I'm thinking of is:

McM- 6ss Cache

Zombie Chihuahua- 1ss

Nurse- 5ss

Belle - 4ss

Sebastian- 6ss

Canine Remains x4- 8ss

I have been thinking that for larger games or even just in general, that Molly, in the future, will combo really well with McM.

Regards,

TV

Edited by (TV)

I usually have a lot of doggies.

With Sebs, McM, and maybe a starting Frankie...

the rest is mostly made up of dogs.

Sometimes I will run with a Belle or two just for setting things up as MadArcanist said. Combined with a Punk Zombie, it's a great idea to pull a model into a grouping of a Belle and PZ and have the PZ flurry them.