Off Topic Playground

It's a lot of notes, lol. I've got five alien species spitballed enough to have cultures, another three or four that are conceptual, a set of evolving rules for AIs, some stuff for space combat.... It'll be nice to tap all of that stuff and start building it out. Don't expect to make it to being a finalist for the contest on the first try, but I'll settle for not being eliminated first round, lol.

Got to watch and then play in a 4500 point game of Kings of War this weekend. Everyone had a good time and even though I and the father-son team running the event were the only ones that weren't newbies, the game took 4 hours to complete. Note that this was a 4 on 4 affair on a 4x10 surface. When you consider everything, 4 hours for a huge multiplayer game like that is fast.

Warthrone just released a box of Vestals that look just as good as the Dark Elf Witches as far as I can tell, yet they're only $46 instead of $60. Oh, and there are 30 figures in the box instead of 10. If I played some sort of Elves I'd be all over it. Maybe I could use them in a Forces of Nature army in different color schemes to represent the lesser elemental troops.

EDIT: To be fair, that's only a preorder. Apparently most orders will contain 20 instead. Still a lot cheaper than GW's product. Not sure if MM bought a ton of the preorder or if their site is wrong. Interesting.

Also, this Dark Age mini, much like the Forsaken Contradiction, looks like she'd be right at home in Malifaux. She's basically Molly after a combat training montage :P

I killed it again?!

Let me reboot OTP, one moment...

\\forum\off_topic_playground:> restart

Restarting thread: Off_Topic_Playground......

done!

-------------------------------

Afternoon everyone, how goes?