Off Topic Playground

Building, lol. Slowly making my way through the Valkyries and trying to figure out how I want all the squads loaded up if they have weapons options. The Spartans are the big ones I'm not sure about, since their extras aren't really possible to magnetize or just go 'they don't have rifles!' lol. Beyond that, continuing to be impressed with the complexity they managed out of a simple system, and looking forward to playing it soon. I did the math and can get both factions to about 320 points pretty easily out of what I have on hand at the moment.

Yeah, it'll be nice to play a different style of game. The system really seems to emphasize quick and brutal play for both sides... Battlepods will get blown away by anything bigger than point defense lasers, but they're fast and in larger numbers, not to mention they come back as reinforcements. Also loving the rules for special scenarios, things like Space Combat, variable gravity, reserves, low visibility... could do some neat story based ones without having to invent a single rule.