Off Topic Playground

Yep, bringing 25 points of Retribution.

...should probably make sure I know what I'm planning on bringing for 25 points, I think that list included Sentinels and I don't have any... >.>

Indeed! I haven't heard anything yet on mine, but that will be pretty awesome to have. Painting it will be on the back burner from the Allison diorama, but I will definitely be playing it.

Yeah, it's a good level to dip toes into the non-warnouns, lol. Units and solos start becoming viable, which let's Retribution bring in what lets the faction work- combined arms tactics.

If it's like it was at Gencon last year, Zentraedi are going to be the ultimate attrition force, lol. Commanders can pass off hits equally among their unit, and they can bring units back so long as the commander is still alive. So the humans are going to be able to blitz the battlepods... until they run out of ammo, lol.

Dude it is complicated..... from what I gather.

Dust Studios released Tactics a while a go......Fantasy Flight took over and redid the starter set and tidied up some rules, then produced Warfare which was a big battle system for the world..... Battlefront took over a year or so ago but are not allowed to do anything to mess with Fantasy Flights stock, so they could redo Tactics so produced the starter rules and new stat cards for the starters, and just now Released the full Tactics rules, but also Battlefield rules which is Tactics without having to use a grid map. This has even newer stat cards making even the starter ones obsolete.

Warfare needs an upgrade but Battlefront cant do anything till Fantasy Flight have sold out of the current edition which isnt selling due to a combination of the Battlefield rules and people waiting for an updated Warfare.

So yeah, many of my friends are at Dragoncon this weekend. I know I made the conscious choice to go to Gencon instead, and it was the right call, but I'm still missing my friends a little. On the other hand, I won't miss trying to track them down so I can actually spend time with them.

Car maintenance is going to cost me a small fortune. It's all wear and tear minus one small issue with the AC button on the interior, so once done I should be fine.

Also, we were part of a test market last night- pretzel crust pizza. It was pretty good, though the switch to cheese sauce was unnecessary.