Off Topic Playground

But yeah, I'd say Warmahordes probably qualifies. A couple of us are starting to play it casually again. I'm the only one planning around a theme list, but then, I'm the one who knows the fluff the best, lol. I'd do some theme lists for Retribution, but I don't like Mage Hunter units enough to try doing something like Garryth's, and I'm not a fan of Rahn and Vyros.

Heh. It's not like I did all that much with them. I'm keeping my mounted commissar, and I'll be painting that up as a display piece, but I just cannot ever see myself really enjoying 40k enough to want to plan for it. Hell, even some of the local diehards are getting sick of the game.

It is..... one game I will never get rid off :D

Sure you must have some old games you would love to go back and play.

I think someone gave me a bunch of old commons and uncommons in an attempt to get me to play ages ago. I should send them to you.

My CCG that will always stay is, of course, On the Edge. Too many fond memories- that game is so much fun when it comes to backstabbing and wheeling and dealing. I wish Atlas would release a special fixed set of, say, 6 decks at some point.

Heh. It's not like I did all that much with them. I'm keeping my mounted commissar, and I'll be painting that up as a display piece, but I just cannot ever see myself really enjoying 40k enough to want to plan for it. Hell, even some of the local diehards are getting sick of the game.

GW is going to get worse before it gets better.

Just for fun (and because no one demanded it), my synopsis of what needs to happen with 40k:

1. The rules need an overhaul on the level of the transition from 2nd to 3rd edition. Iterative changes don't cut it anymore- we need clunky old mechanics destroyed and replaced by something new.
  2. Make a skirmish 40k game- something like Special Operations: Killzone. SOK uses a lot of the base 40k rules so it's a great starting point.
  3. Reduce the typical game size to the equivalent of 5th Ed 1000-1500 points. 2500+ point slugfests should be for conventions, not the norm. Instead of spending tons on a single army, diehards will simply collect more armies.

Of course, because GW has to answer to shareholders before fans, none of this will happen (except the very first sentence). I'm ready to ditch any game whose company goes from private to public now for that reason.