Off Topic Playground

I think two parts to the problem are timing and the way KS has been used by larger companies. A lot of the non-US ones I see tend to be startups, with brand new companies producing entire lines and games from scratch. A lot of the US ones, and a few of the non, admittedly, tend to have partnerships with larger companies that can absorb the cost of doing tons of freebies. Or are larger companies like that in general. Which has skewed the value of what a KS can be, I've seen a lot of people abandon KS', saying that they chipped in expecting to get a ton of stuff free instead of the value they were told at the beginning.

And then you've got a few high profile KS projects going for minis, like Dreadball Xtreme and Drake, which are eating at potential funding.

I've been playing the card game Marvel Legendary, that's been fun. Got to mess around a little with airbrushing, but only figured out how to do base coats so far. Need to do some research when I'm not going through my backlog of Sanderson books or working on writing projects with a deadline.