Off Topic Playground

Ah, okay, you do the same thing I do. Sounds good, I'll fire a copy off to you. The whole thing is done in unpolished form, so if you've got any complaints/criticisms, now's a great time to fire them off at me. *grin*

So, been doing anything fun this weekend?

Got in a game of Malifaux Saturday. Viks are definitely an odd playstyle for me, but they were certainly fun. Played some video games, hung out with friends...also slept a lot. Probably much more than I should have, lol.

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

You threw him off a building? O.o Did he die?

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 AM ----------

Lunchtime! Be back in half an hour, lol.

Ah, okay, you do the same thing I do. Sounds good, I'll fire a copy off to you. The whole thing is done in unpolished form, so if you've got any complaints/criticisms, now's a great time to fire them off at me. *grin*

So, been doing anything fun this weekend?

Mind if I take a look? I could use a good read.

Nah he had a wire strapped to him, was a 194m assisted fall though.

Wednesday he jumps off the bridge.

---------- Post added at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

Looking forward to trying the Viks......

Can you call it lunch if it is in the middle of the night? *grin*

Lunch and dinner are all relative things on third shift. :-P

Is he a base jumper, then?

Mind if I take a look? I could use a good read.

I'd send it over, but this one in particular is a freelance piece, so there's some confidential things involved. However, if you're interested in reading something I've written, I've got an in progress novel that I'm going to be getting back to soon. I could send the first chapter your way?

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Nah is a tourist thing..... and the bridge is a bungy jump....

I've never understood the idea of bungee jumping. Climbing, sure. But it's like sky diving- I don't see the point to throwing myself off a perfectly stable platform, lol.

Oh, that's going to be a short jump...granted, mine is more because of the writing than the painting. But still, lol. It's weird, honestly, changing things up hasn't actually really messed with how I'm painting. Same techniques for the most part, just a few twists and wrinkles to work out.

---------- Post added at 02:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Granted, it's going to get a whole lot stranger whenever I get around to that airbrush... Dunno what I'm going to practice on with it first.

It's really weird. Basically, you have to use a wash for it. What you're doing is aimed and controlled washes into the places you normally would leave your shade color, then layering back up to your midtone. It leaves most of the midtone alone as a single layer of paint, then you highlight up as normal.

Heh, no kidding. Some of the techniques I do with drybrushing I've tried explaining to people who do layering or wet blending and it just makes them scratch their head. Some of it I've tried to do with layering, and it's either flat out not possible or the time involved to get an equally good result is insane to do that way.