Off Topic Playground

Pretty good. Got three games in with Tara, it was pretty interesting. She's got a neat playstyle, still working on figuring it out. I'm a pretty aggressive player, and she seems to be better suited to baiting and trapping.

Got to try out Dystopian Wars, then? What'd you think?

Argh. (headdesk) I hate my quizzes in Philosophy. Doesn't seem to matter how much I do the studying, the way my head is wired compared to the questions means I'm going to keep getting the same grade, which, while enough to pass, is hardly enough to be a good grade. Rar. -_-

---------- Post added at 03:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 AM ----------

Victory at Sea? Don't know that one...

You did end up with a Tara? Couldn't remember if you ordered one or not.

The problem is that I understand philosophy. It's why this is so frustrating, because I keep getting tripped up by the same kinds of questions, and I can't do anything about it because of how my mind works. Giving me a list of beliefs and going 'identify the philosophy subset' is a great way to toss me a trick question.

Well, Tara is pretty neat all around. I started painting her yesterday, and I think I have a pretty good idea of how I want to do her. Take the colors I did for the Death Marshal and rearrange them, basically. Her coat will end up the warm brown I did on the coffin, I'll use the black for a few other spots. Not sure totally what to do with her sword, although I'll be painting the claw to match the Nothing Beast.

Actually, I'm really excited about doing her base. Going to try to put her at the top of a set of stairs using some Secret Weapon bricks, then use cotton fibers to mimic fog and have it drifting down past her.

Most games have that caveat of 'fun with the right people' unfortunately...

Morning Steam, how are you?

Not too bad. Work is okay, and homework is coming along well. About to start work on a short essay. The goal is to have all my Philosophy homework done before I go to bed, so I can dedicate homework time tonight to Book of Acts...and hopefully get all that done so I can work on painting Tara this week and get her done enough that I just have to do the base when the bricks show up.

What'd you get up to this weekend, Steam?

Oh, and before I forget, got any neat things to share with us that you picked up from that model show, Monkey?

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

I finally figured out something to do for that! Gonna repaint my Lady Aiyanna from Warmachine. She's got a giant cloak that's shaped in a way that I can realistically manage the freehand.

Not really Ed..... I turned up pretty early before most of the demos started up so no real tips sorry *grin*

Aww, that's no fun! Oh well, not like I don't have plenty to work on thanks to that Magmatrax Tutorial again, lol.

Sounds like a fun weekend there, Steam! How's the magic game on the console? What's it like?

---------- Post added at 04:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 AM ----------

She still in on such things, Monkey?

Teaching the girlfriend to paint Steam?

That is a slippery slope..... before I knew it mine was better then me and buying more models then me *wink*

I am fine with her getting better than me. Lord knows my models deserve a better paint job than I can give them.

The Magic game is fun but I've nothing to compare it to as I've never played the card game. I think it's the 2013 version we're playing.