Off Topic Playground

Yeah, I know. That makes it worse, that I've subjected myself to it!

Still, tomorrow the highlights will be quicker I reckon. And once those are done, Judge and Lady J just need the metals doing. The marshals need their boots and coffins sorting out, then the metals.

---------- Post added at 08:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Basically, a ton of stuff to do, but it's bedtime nevertheless. Later!

A bit bored, but not too bad. The stupid gamer politics are about to get kicked out into the open as I start to warn the rest of the group. I said to my GM from the beginning that if that guy joins the group, I'm gone, and the guy is telling a friend that he got permission to join. The others deserve a warning before I follow through on that promise. Honestly...kinda looking forward to it in some ways.

On the upper side of things, I'm gonna try painting my Tohaa some more tomorrow. Debating changing the color scheme, using some more matte colors in the scheme. Hopefully the Kumotail and Sakiel show up. The Kumotail in particular will let me experiment with all of the colors in the scheme.

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 AM ----------

Looking forward to getting it into the open, not following through on the promise.

Sometimes it is just best to get these things out.... :)

Painting sounds good, all those things you mention mean nothing to me, but painting is always good.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Morning Steam....

So I have a question for the both of you, I am after book recommendations.

What I want is adult books that might appeal to a teenager, specifically boys....

Tamora Pierce I'll chime in on as well. Great stuff those. Um. Brandon Sanderson is good. Black Library always has a bit of an appeal to those who like action, and I'll recommend Gaunt's Ghosts and Eisenhorn/Ravenor from those.

---------- Post added at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Oh, and how much of a reader are they? Dabbler, addict, barely interested...?

---------- Post added at 04:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

Oh, and how are you today, Steam?

Its a list for my sister.... she is a teacher and part of the english syllabus is to read an 'adult book'. She is therefore trying to compile a list of books that might appeal to the students more then the dreary classics the english department suggests.....

---------- Post added at 08:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:35 PM ----------

So I would say 'barely interested' knowing most teenagers *grin*

Could always try David Weber. At the YA end you've got A Beautiful Friendship, then for more adult they could try the Safehold or Honor Harrington books.

Joe Abercrombie would probably be appreciated by the boys at least but it's probably best your sister doesn't recommend him as his books are probably a bit too adult and their parents might complain.

Hm. That's tough then. Tamora Pierce, definitely. Dan Abnett's Ravenor series, and the Gaunt's Ghosts books. David Eddings. The Safehold series, by David Weber.

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 AM ----------

Oh hey, the third Stephanie Harrington book is going to be out this year... forgot about that.